Boxster S decals on doors of 981 - measurement please ?

tony_zx9r

Hi,

Can someone please take a tape measure and measure the gap between the "Boxster S" decal on the doors and the front edge of the door plus the gap down to the bottom of the door.

I have decals and would like to stick them where the OEM decals are stuck.

cheers

Tony

Mines half an inch from the bottom of the decal to the edge of the door. Also half an inch from the edge of "s" to edge of door.

987.2 but can't imagine it's any different for 981

Boxster decal measurementsBoxster decal measurements

Having looked at your pic again Kam and looked at another 981 image, I am not sure they are the same (sorry - just want to be sure)

VL3xoCv.jpg

So, if anyone else with a 981 and side decals wouldn't mind having a quick measure for me please ?

many thanks

Tony

These photos are from various 'official' sources Tony (981 brochures, Tequipment webpages etc) and so should represent the factory-fitment placement of the decals on a 981. No measurements, and the photos are taken at a bit of an angle, but I think you should be able to work out the horizontal and vertical distances by ratioing them to eg the length/height of the whole decal. The only one from the other side of the car is a non-S decal, but you should be able to use it as guide for the S.

DoorDesigBlack detail_CCAS_l_0Boxster981_door_logo_placement1TE13I2BIX0001_huge

Failing that, you could always use the information from this thread on Pistoneheads on the subject:

2019-08-25_11-21-00

1 hour ago, tony_zx9r said:

Having looked at your pic again Kam and looked at another 981 image, I am not sure they are the same (sorry - just want to be sure)

VL3xoCv.jpg

So, if anyone else with a 981 and side decals wouldn't mind having a quick measure for me please ?

many thanks

Tony

The photos you and Jon61 are showing , have the decal placed obviously higher and in from door edges.

When I offered my decals up to the door, they looked odd so high and "floating" .

Choices choices my friend 🤔

Archived