987 Door/Window Seal?

Verner

Hi guys,

hoping one of you kind people will be able to help me.

The Seal on my Boxster has split and needs replacing. I am unsure of what the proper name is for it, possibly "Door/Window" Seal (Behind the Window in photo with yellow arrow).

Any ideas an any ideas of where would be the best place to pick up another?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

io0AYha.jpg

Many thanks in hopeful anticipation,

Best wishes,

Verner

Hi guys,

I thinks this is the part(s) I need.

Anyone recommend somewhere to get it cheaper or maybe a second hand part?

https://www.design911.co.uk/pages/productList.aspx?search=98756112

Thanks in hopeful anticipation,

Verner

14 minutes ago, Scubaregs said:

Did you try the OPC? People have remarked in the past that design 911 can be more expensive.

I'll give them a call,

Thank you.

🙂

On the whole about 15% cheaper from OPC I have found.   And tell them you are a Porsche club GB or TIPEC member and you should get another 10% on that  only once did I get asked for my membership number.  

On 9/18/2019 at 1:55 PM, Verner said:

Hi guys,

I thinks this is the part(s) I need.

Anyone recommend somewhere to get it cheaper or maybe a second hand part?

https://www.design911.co.uk/pages/productList.aspx?search=98756112

Thanks in hopeful anticipation,

Verner

Hi Verner,

that's not the part your arrow is pointing at - it's what I replaced on mine and is the B pillar vertical part of the seal that goes vertically up the back of the window (left of your yellow arrow in your pic). what your arrow is pointing at is the top part - don't know which part that is. But the B pillar I can tell you is a right pig to fit

also see from your pic that your hood is outside the b pillar - needs your elastic pulling in a bit - lots of posts about that and an easy fix with a stapler

best of luck with it  and a call to OPC no bad idea.

On 9/22/2019 at 10:53 AM, frozen said:

Hi Verner,

that's not the part your arrow is pointing at - it's what I replaced on mine and is the B pillar vertical part of the seal that goes vertically up the back of the window (left of your yellow arrow in your pic). what your arrow is pointing at is the top part - don't know which part that is. But the B pillar I can tell you is a right pig to fit

also see from your pic that your hood is outside the b pillar - needs your elastic pulling in a bit - lots of posts about that and an easy fix with a stapler

best of luck with it  and a call to OPC no bad idea.

Thanks Frozen,

the hood outside the B-Pillar is being sorted this weekend hopefully, and I will ask the mechanic to confirm which seal it is that I am requiring.

Thanks for all your kind help.....I do appreciate it.

Best wishes,

Verner

The front part of that seal, which is what the yellow arrow is pointed at is part of the front seal, it goes over both windows and the front screen, £524+ vat from OPC, £618 + vat from D911

The B pillar is the rear piece as Frozen says, £166+ vat from OPC

27 minutes ago, T911UK said:

The front part of that seal, which is what the yellow arrow is pointed at is part of the front seal, it goes over both windows and the front screen, £524+ vat from OPC, £618 + vat from D911

The B pillar is the rear piece as Frozen says, £166+ vat from OPC

Great to know, thank you. 🙂

Archived