does the 981 S come with puddle lights or was that an optional extra

robporsche

only had the 981 s a day, and its sat in my garage, i plan on hopefully looking at it in more detail tomorrow.  Does the 981 s come with puddle lights under the door, or should, i had a quick look and it looks like it has lenses on the bottom of the door but not sure if there is wiring in there.  

I'm not aware that they've ever been an option on 981's. I don't recall seeing them in brochures or on the configuration, and I don't think they're in the Tequipment list either (a lot of options available on original purchase subsequently appear in there).

Perhaps they're more of an Audi thing ;)

6 minutes ago, Jon61 said:

I'm not aware that they've ever been an option on 981's. I don't recall seeing them in brochures or on the configuration, and I don't think they're in the Tequipment list either (a lot of options available on original purchase subsequently appear in there).

Perhaps they're more of an Audi thing ;)

ok, ill have a look and you say maybe a Audi thing but  very handy to have . I;ll take a look to see if there is any wiring in there.

15 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Good to see you’re focusing on the important stuff.  🤔 🤔

😉😉

lol, im like this with all cars,  get it looking right then enjoy it.

2 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

I have them in my mirrors 

did you spec that,  I did check and noticed nothing under there.  the r32 i had them under the mirrors.  I'll have a play around tomorrow and see what ive got

ive managed to find a guide that someone else did on another forum, really doesnt look too hard the door cars are screwed in and not those horrible clips you get with VAG cars. He tapped into the footwell light,  i'll order some projectors and some connectors and its a project for the winter months i think.  

1 hour ago, MIkeyv60 said:

The lights in the mirrors i think are if folding mirrors are specced

Ah yes, I'd forgotten that the folding mirrors included courtesy lighting.

23 minutes ago, T24RES said:

I put some in mine   

Of course you did, Ian, is there anything your car hasn't got? :D

21 hours ago, T24RES said:

I put some in mine   

OK,  fairly easy was it,  Im just reading your thread on your car.  Lots of stuff you have done i want to do.  Not sure if im brave enough taking bumpers off to fit gts diffuser etc but looks so much nicer

6 hours ago, T24RES said:

Reasonably, depends on your spannering ability. I took the feed for them from the foot well lights which h are controlled by the light sensor.

ok,  i;ll will look at a few threads ,  i really want to do the red seat belts aswell.

2 hours ago, robporsche said:

ok,  i;ll will look at a few threads ,  i really want to do the red seat belts aswell.

There was a video on planet9 on a yellow Cayman. Can't find it for looking.

Belts are very straight forward.

9 hours ago, T24RES said:

There was a video on planet9 on a yellow Cayman. Can't find it for looking.

Belts are very straight forward.

thanks, yeah found a write up on then,  i will give it a go, more worried about throwing a warning on the dash and having to get it reset again.  Read a few articles and some are saying removing the neg wire on the battery others say it does matter as long as key isnt in the car

11 hours ago, T24RES said:

It shouldn't throw any lights, just keep the positive wire taped until you need it.

ok thanks,  so keep the red off the battery.  Will that cause any issues for anything else that needs the battery.

• 11 months later...

Do theses lights need be coded in?

I've just done my Mk5 Golf and the lights needed to be coded.

I did the footwell retro fit and door warning light fit too.

VAG trim clips are absolutely horrible to work with. Taking a door card of a Porsche is a dream.........

👍

Archived