987/1 or 987/2

Steviep35

Guys,   I'm a little confused which model i have due to when looking in boot some are open for water and oil access and some are hidden behind a door.

i have a 2008 model and my oil / water  is hidden behind a door so do i have a gen 1 or gen 2 ,   as i need to change my oil/ air separator and unsure if they are different between models ?

thanks in advance for any info 

Steve 

1 hour ago, Steviep35 said:

Guys,   I'm a little confused which model i have due to when looking in boot some are open for water and oil access and some are hidden behind a door.

i have a 2008 model and my oil / water  is hidden behind a door so do i have a gen 1 or gen 2 ,   as i need to change my oil/ air separator and unsure if they are different between models ?

thanks in advance for any info 

Steve 

If it's a 2.7 as in you avatar it will be a gen 1 as gen 2 were 2.9L

You need to be careful referring to cosmetic changes eg centre console colour as they can be changed by an owner at a later date.

I find Wiki is usually pretty accruate eg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_987

Ultimately the answer is in the cars VIN code as even referring to engine I have seen people think they have a different engine than they actually do eg 3.2 v 3.4 (although visually they are different).

nb in this case though the .1 to .2 was more than simply a "facelift" as it introduced the DFI engine to the S models which eliminated IMS and bore scoring issues (well put bore scoring back into the realms of normality)... hence why .2 cars command such a premium (nb same with the 997.1 to .2)

For ease I usually go off registration date ie <2009 = .1 ......>2009 = .2 but of course there are crossovers in 2009 😉

Archived