Picture posting challenges

Costelles

30 minutes ago, Costelles said:

I'm struggling posting photos 

can any one help and advise what the best app to do it

Try wading through this thread from a while back. See how you get on and let us know if you get it working - if not I'm sure we can help. 

http://www.BoXa.net/forum/topic/75357-imgurflickr-help/

I use Flickr and it just works... 

30 minutes ago, Costelles said:

I'm struggling posting photos 

can any one help and advise what the best app to do it

I use imgur. Very easy, just upload your photo to the app, copy the url and post it into your post here. If i remember correctly the precise method varies slightly between pc and tablet/phone so maybe a bit of trial and error.  Once you get it right the picture (rather than just the link) will display automatically in your post.

You presumably know that you need to host pictures elsewhere and just post links that embed them in here so that they show up? You're only allowed a very small allowance to store photos on here and you could use that up in just one or two photos depending on size.

Assuming you don't want to pay for photo hosting, your guess is as good as anyones as to what sites will continue to allow free storage and the facility to link to photos on other sites such as forums. Don't be tempted to use Photobucket as they've messed too many people around too many times. I think most people use Flickr or Imgur (or similar) which provide fairly similar terms and facilities, and may have a good chance of staying free for a good while. I use Flickr myself - it's not unlimited but is enough for me to use with BoXa.net, and it also integrates with the 'share' button on android devices like phones & tablets which makes it relatively easy to upload photos on the move. I haven't investigated enough to know that it is the best but it works for me. I think you need to upload your photos with a 'Public' setting (happy to hear from anyone if this is not the case) to link to them elsewhere. Then once they've uploaded all you need do is copy the URL when you're viewing the photo you want on Flickr, and paste that URL into a BoXa.net post, and it will appear as a photo, eg

IMG_8449e

(I have an Imgur account as well but the process of getting the correct link to post on here doesn't seem as simple to me with Imgur as it is with Flickr, as copying and pasting the URL doesn't seem to work for me (again, happy if someone can point me to what I'm doing wrong)

Imgur works fine from a PC, but it frustrated me on the phone. Switched the Flickr and now it's easy peasy as long as the uploaded photo is public.

10 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

Imgur works fine from a PC, but it frustrated me on the phone. Switched the Flickr and now it's easy peasy as long as the uploaded photo is public.

Same. I've tried both. Flickr works best for me... 

I think from playing around with Imgur on a PC, that you have to specifically copy the 'Direct Link' provided next to a photo, not the 'Image Link' or the URL at the top of the screen.

@Costelles - when you tried posting from Flickr, are you sure you had the photo's Viewing Privacy set to 'Public'? I don't think eg 'Friends' will work.

EDIT: Just had another look - I think your photos on Flickr are public, but I think you've copied the link when you've viewing your whole album of picytures rather than when you were viewing just one eg

GT3 Console Delete

Screenshot from Imgur as I embedded your photo above.

So selected image. Clicked share icon. Clicked copy. Then paste resulting link directly... 

2019-10-02_10-04-18

Note this screen shot was shared from Flickr 😬

Archived