986 has gone...replacement already!

golfprorich

Well after nearly three years of ownership, my 986S has gone to a new home. Sad to see it go but needs must and I have replaced it with a Cayenne S. 

I bought a 2005 car privately from it's one and only owner. FPSH with every receipt from new including the original bill of sale. Has had the important coolant pipes upgrade and had a major service last year with coil packs, discs all round etc. 

Has air suspension, bi-xenons and sports aluminium pack amongst the options. 

Been busy this afternoon replacing the struts for the tailgate and glass, and giving the engine bay a clean. The paintwork needs a thorough machine polish so soon as I get a dry day I'll do. I did a test area earlier and there's a shiny car underneath!

I'll still loiter on the forum as I hopefully can contribute to the technical threads and always happy to help members with stuff if nearby. Also got a few bits to sell 😁 Just a couple of pics of the new wheels...

48842897196_2c230328d6_c.jpg48842527378_e6070dd46a_b.jpg

Big Pork! I had to do the tailgate and glass struts on mine, I think its a common fault. It is certainly a lot of tailgate to drop on your head! That paint should come up lovely with a good polish. I do love mine in the winter heated steering wheel,  seats and mirrors and the engine is up to temp within a mile or 2 from home.

Clear all the leaves and debris out from around the plenum and you check the drain tubes, its not just Boxsters that flood when their drains tube fill with debris. Oh and my Cayenne makes the Boxster look very economical!!!

18 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

Beast of a car, hated the looks when they were launched, but like a bangle-BMW they have grown graceful with age

Very much my thoughts too!

47 minutes ago, PhilTUK said:

Big Pork! I had to do the tailgate and glass struts on mine, I think its a common fault. It is certainly a lot of tailgate to drop on your head! That paint should come up lovely with a good polish. I do love mine in the winter heated steering wheel,  seats and mirrors and the engine is up to temp within a mile or 2 from home.

Clear all the leaves and debris out from around the plenum and you check the drain tubes, its not just Boxsters that flood when their drains tube fill with debris. Oh and my Cayenne makes the Boxster look very economical!!!

I knocked the wooden prop when I was doing the struts and nearly amputated a leg 😧😧 Those tailgates are so heavy!

I'll certainly do the drain holes 👍

No too worried about consumption as it's not a daily car, I did get 23mpg on the drive back 😁

Mileage?

if someone paid full whack for that petrol turbo in 2005 and kept it since then. I’m guessing they had deep enough pockets to drive it around, not a weekend car like some we see. 

47 minutes ago, Menoporsche said:

Mileage?

if someone paid full whack for that petrol turbo in 2005 and kept it since then. I’m guessing they had deep enough pockets to drive it around, not a weekend car like some we see. 

It doesn't have a turbo, only the Diesel, Turbo and Turbo S models from back then have a turbo. The Cayenne S is a naturally aspirated V8. That aside, I get your point, looks well looked after and only Jesus knows how much that has cost someone from new. Looks a beautiful motor, enjoy. 👍

9 hours ago, GmanB said:

It doesn't have a turbo, only the Diesel, Turbo and Turbo S models from back then have a turbo. The Cayenne S is a naturally aspirated V8. That aside, I get your point, looks well looked after and only Jesus knows how much that has cost someone from new. Looks a beautiful motor, enjoy. 👍

Yes normally aspirated V8, it is super smooth. Original bill of sale was circa £60k, the chap who owned it also bought himself a 997 C2S which he still has, the Cayenne was for his wife. Money clearly no object as had been maintained regardless of cost, the service file of receipts is eye-watering! In the last couple of years it has had coolant pipe upgrade, air compressors, brakes, propshaft amongst other usual servicing. All things that will need doing on any Cayenne that cost alot.

I imagine alot of people buy Cayennes and then move them on once the bills start coming in, it is nice to find one that has been looked after by someone from day one.

I did an oil change yesterday and it is bone dry underneath which is good. I may doing the gearbox oil and filter when I get chance plus the transfer box and diffs, then it is all done.

Other than that I plan to treat the leather to some restorer to get the colour back and that is it.

3 hours ago, the baron said:

You’ll be back

I imagine I will have another Boxster at some point for sure!

Archived