Standard silver wheel colour

Lennym1984

6 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

Porsche Sterling Silver Metallic, code 9A1, is about as close as you'll get.  As charlieboy says, Wurth wheel silver is spot on too if you want rattle cans.

is that the same for 981's?

I was told that it was 'Hyper Silver' by Chris at exel wheels when he did one of mine (via Lepsons)...

1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

I was told that it was 'Hyper Silver' by Chris at exel wheels when he did one of mine (via Lepsons)...

I couldn't say, I'm afraid.  I know 9A1 is a very good match for 986/7 wheels, but if Chris says Hyper for 981s I have no doubt he is correct.

1 hour ago, Stuart21UK said:

Hyper Silver appears to be a process rather than a colour? 

https://www.liveabout.com/wheel-finishes-hypersilver-3234507

https://www.whoopswheelfixit.com/hyper-silver-and-silver-chrome/

12 minutes ago, rowbos said:

might be correct...says 

Hypersilver is a multistage process; first, a primer coat is applied, then the first coat of paint is laid down in either silver or black. A translucent paint is then applied on top of the base coat in a vacuum chamber. Finally, the wheel is sealed with a clearcoat for protection and durability. When the translucent silver overlayer is painted on a silver base, it gives a particularly bright effect, while the overlay paint on a black undercoat gives a more smokey look.

here is a picture of one of mine that I badly kurbed in 2014 (a full 180 degrees of the rim) where you can see several layers, including what looks like an primer I think

QFjio0T.jpg

and then once done look how they pop

DSIuoTF.jpg

Archived