Billowing 💨 from the fan side

Liberty

7 hours ago, Liberty said:

Where do the long bolts go? Was it where the flangers are?Nightmare

Yes, according to this, he mentions it at 6 mins in. This is for a 986, but I can't see why it would be any different on a 987 as it's the same engine and pump.

2 hours ago, Nobbie said:

Yes, according to this, he mentions it at 6 mins in. This is for a 986, but I can't see why it would be any different on a 987 as it's the same engine and pump.

Thanks Unfortunately the YouTube content says different places depending on who you watch. I remember that hard to reach bolt was one of them and that’s a flange so I’m hoping this one  is correct.

All done.Just have to leave the bleed valve open for a couple of days and really glad it is in the boot..Didn’t all go to plan because the weathers pants but overall I’m happy so far..

17 minutes ago, Liberty said:

All done.Just have to leave the bleed valve open for a couple of days and really glad it is in the boot..Didn’t all go to plan because the weathers pants but overall I’m happy so far..

Wet boot carpet by any chance?

I found leaving the car running with the back up on axle stands seemed to get most of the air out. Just sat there giving it a few revs every now and then for 10 mins. Hope that's it sorted😎

30 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

Wet boot carpet by any chance?

I found leaving the car running with the back up on axle stands seemed to get most of the air out. Just sat there giving it a few revs every now and then for 10 mins. Hope that's it sorted😎

Again thanks 🙏 I did leave it running on the ramps until it got up to temperature and as you said kept it at 2k for a while and blipping upto 5-6k a few times.Left it running and the temperature stayed constant 🤞

28 minutes ago, Liberty said:

Old pump.Im not sure now that it's original because the gasket doesn't look original (no tabs)

4p3z2XP.jpg

When you take the original pump off you have to break the metal gasket off as it's a single piece with the component to the right as seen from the cabin. Any markings on the pump to indicate the make so others can avoid?

6 minutes ago, Liberty said:

It’s a Pierburg pump but I wouldn’t say avoid .More likely my car has been under used by me but that’s going to change With a bit of luck.

Surprising, I think they are one of the brands fitted as OE and are one of the more expensive to buy as a replacement. I suppose there are always exceptions and you never know if it was fitted new in the first place or obtained from a scrappy.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:18 PM, topradio said:

The impeller on both my Pierburg pumps (old and new) was black not beige as in the picture above. 

You may well be correct.The only markings were,made in France and a number that when typed in google only came up with Pierburg water pump but I have no idea really as I did not fit or have any history of it.Composite impelled though,that’s a good thing yeah?

Archived