Water pump bolts part numbers

sa utah

Can anyone tell me the part numbers for all of the water pump bolts for my 987.1 ?  I realise two of them are longer   

i just can’t seem to get to grips with finding anything from any of the online resources 

I’m used to using REALOEM for my BMWs and that’s a doddle.  Maybe I’m defective!

many thanks 

There are a few sticky threads at the top of the technical section. 

one of them links to online parts guide. Know  as PET diagrams.  You can usually find the drawing of the part and the associated part numbers from there.  

HTH

Brilliant.  Will have a go with PET and I’ve  just been down to My local OPC to order those parts and a couple of other minor bits.  

Have to say the staff who greeted me and the parts guy were super friendly and helpful.  Which is almost unheard of in most places these days.  

Once I’ve done the water pump I think I’ll go for a new gear shift kit (GT3 one from what I’ve read) as mine is currently a little like stirring treacle so definitely  needs some attention. 

thanks again.  This is a great forum 

I could but I have a new bolts and fixings fetish so intend to fit new stuff where ever I can. 

did the same on my AOS as the previous fiddler had rounded off one of the bolts So lucky  id bought 2 fresh ones as one of the originals only just came out

Fixings fetish🤣yesterday my new water pump was delivered and has new bolts with it 🥰As an aside would you say doing the aos is more difficult than the water pump?Id imagine a lot more and maybe beyond my limits...

I’ve done a couple of AOS now.  One on a friends 987 and then on mine.  It’s not that tough really. Just a bit of a fiddle as you have to get into position over the back/side of the car.   
definitely get the remote clip removal tool thing as per the link below.  Mine came from amazon a while ago as I’ve used it on one of my other cars.   There’s no way I could have managed to get the bottom hose back on without it. 
in all honesty I’ll probably find the water pump trickier as I’ll have to have the car in the air and the covers off the bottom to get access from below and then also be working inside it.  Then on top of that removing all the coolant (no idea if it’s been done before so filling with fresh fluids ) and then of course bleeding the air out.  As I’ve never done this on a 987 it’s all a bit new.  
should be fine. 
on the flip side show me a 90’s 3 series convertible or a MK3 MX5 and I could do all of those jobs with one hand tied.   Well almost 

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/product/9495737316717001859?q=remote+clip+removal+tool&safe=off&client=safari&hl=en-gb&biw=414&bih=613&tbs=vw:l,ss:44&prmd=sivn&prds=epd:4069449602973872414,paur:ClkAsKraX3Spwkfqtx4eTJ-YgF45tYC7Xv_I0nr8-B5yge-JaqgONlVgbcsORRClgZ6DSmvuNhieWZWwAmImHKNuTRttZWMdSMlNU-4Yy1Ndfrd1ET1lXceD0xIZAFPVH73-AV55cBJtr34Y1Kh8p9xwXx9_KQ,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1

Great thanks I’ll get that for sure ready for when it needs doing.One thing I should have thought more about before starting on the pump was the front of the car needs to be higher when draining the coolant and lower when it’s time to refill basically I have the car the wrong way around on a slope and can’t do anything about it now the belt and pump are removed.Basic mistake really but just thought I’d mention it.Good luck and thanks for the link.

Archived