Best alloys for 3.2S

Kennyfin73

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an honesty problem though which unlike others makes me tell the truth when pressed for an answer... (i'll show the scars some time if there's enough drink consumed first)

Besides she knows how much a wheel costs after doing some serious damage to a diamond cut 18"rim on her VW EOS a couple of years back, oh, and she ain't stupid, she knows bling costs.  When I don't know what to get her for an birthday or whatever, the answer is 'Diamonds and gold will do if you can't think of anything else'. That usually stimulates the grey matter..

So if I post again after the weekend you'll know I got away with it. 😉

38 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I have an honesty problem though which unlike others makes me tell the truth when pressed for an answer... (i'll show the scars some time if there's enough drink consumed first)

Besides she knows how much a wheel costs after doing some serious damage to a diamond cut 18"rim on her VW EOS a couple of years back, oh, and she ain't stupid, she knows bling costs.  When I don't know what to get her for an birthday or whatever, the answer is 'Diamonds and gold will do if you can't think of anything else'. That usually stimulates the grey matter..

So if I post again after the weekend you'll know I got away with it. 😉

I enjoy having an easy life. So selective facts are sometimes sensible 😏

My wife uses her front passenger side diamond cut two tone alloy wheel to work out where the kerb is clearly (mangled is the correct term I believe) - though she denies all knowledge. No doubt I'll get it refurbed at some point and be selective about cost disclosure - I wouldn't want too many factual costs out there or it could come back and bite me 😜

2 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Kenny I now see your location - you're in Southern Spain too!

Why not get alloys and then you, me and @el 3.2S can have an Iberian competition as to which year the first set actually make it onto the car? :D

Not fair on Kenny that one, as I stole these ones from @patt from under his nose.

Sorry!

Pics to follow as soon as I can sneak them on to the car, I promise.  Not going to hide these babies!

3 hours ago, Kennyfin73 said:

Bugger, I lost out! Would look way better out here in the sunshine. @1/2cwt post a pic to make me sick. 

Sorry mate.  Pure chance I've been working and staying near to where @patt lives and I have to say thanks as if someone hadn't quoted his for sale thread in this one I'd have never seen it and even then I would most likely not have driven to collect them as it is a good distance from home.  Fate or luck?

Besides, think of all the money you've save not shipping them to Spain.

I'll make sure they are covered in road grime, salt and mud when I take the pics for you. 😉

13 hours ago, Fin said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-original-OEM-18-Borbet-style-alloy-wheels-excellent-condition-Silver/133217101061 if anyone's interested, will part company for 450 to BoXa members.

Cheers Fin

I see in the description that you’re now running 19’s on your 2004 boxster. How are you finding these and did you need to do anything specific when fitting them?

4 hours ago, stupidget said:

I see in the description that you’re now running 19’s on your 2004 boxster. How are you finding these and did you need to do anything specific when fitting them?

Get fillings checked? Ride must get quite harsh on rubberband thickness tyres.

18 hours ago, Fin said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-original-OEM-18-Borbet-style-alloy-wheels-excellent-condition-Silver/133217101061 if anyone's interested, will part company for 450 to BoXa members.

Cheers Fin

Those are steal, if I didn't already have a set I'd be all over those like a rash. Should sell quick, if you have already sold them. 👍

49 minutes ago, GmanB said:

Those are steal, if I didn't already have a set I'd be all over those like a rash. Should sell quick, if you have already sold them. 👍

I was in for them also but missed out due to ebay bidding, comms etc. 

I have always said I'd keep my car totally standard but I really fancy a set of 18" 993 Turbo Twists. Simple yet beautiful. As you've all been discussing, it's how I justify buying the car in September, just there, £440 getting it serviced in October, I have bought a new tyre (justified for safety reasons!), plus another few hundred quid on bits and bobs! 😄 So the wheels may need to wait...til 2021 haha.

2 hours ago, BTM520 said:

I have always said I'd keep my car totally standard but I really fancy a set of 18" 993 Turbo Twists. Simple yet beautiful. As you've all been discussing, it's how I justify buying the car in September, just there, £440 getting it serviced in October, I have bought a new tyre (justified for safety reasons!), plus another few hundred quid on bits and bobs! 😄 So the wheels may need to wait...til 2021 haha.

I know where you are coming from but if what you want (but didn't even know it at the time) comes up, sometime you just have to jump in. The magic of 0% interest balance transfer credit cards and Paypal.  I've got over a year to pay for mine and fund the tyres before the 0% runs out. £100 per month, job done. (Also get a bit of cashback on the credit card I pay on before I transferring the balance 😉👍)

46 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

I know where you are coming from but if what you want (but didn't even know it at the time) comes up, sometime you just have to jump in. The magic of 0% interest balance transfer credit cards and Paypal.  I've got over a year to pay for mine and fund the tyres before the 0% runs out. £100 per month, job done. (Also get a bit of cashback on the credit card I pay on before I transferring the balance 😉👍)

I did that with a Titanium "S" badge on ebay the other day too...just bought it. Really could be doing with not spending that money but I tell myself I saved a tenner! 0% becomes dangerous.....Wheels, paintwork, new X Y Z....lol

Archived