Aircon niose

Tritonkev

I have a similar annoying sound, it seems to be coming from my A/C Blower Fan Motor.  I haven't made the repair yet, but it appears to be simple to replace, just requires some contorting to get under the dash to access it!  I don't contort as well as I use to 40 years ago...:mellow:

9 minutes ago, S8ked said:

I have a similar annoying sound, it seems to be coming from my A/C Blower Fan Motor.  I haven't made the repair yet, but it appears to be simple to replace, just requires some contorting to get under the dash to access it!  I don't contort as well as I use to 40 years ago...:mellow:

Ah ha I didn't know there was a separate ac fan

On 12/11/2019 at 6:46 PM, Tritonkev said:

Ah ha I didn't know there was a separate ac fan

On 12/11/2019 at 4:43 PM, Tritonkev said:

OK ac works fine blows really cold but when you push button to turn on get funny wwirrng noise from behind dash radio area it's worse when revs are low very annoying I've refilled the system but not any better what can it be?????????? 

I've the same issue! Will be following with interest...

I have a similar issue...

I have the 986 for 5 years and the aircon has never worked for long...has had new condensers and a set of pipes.  Once re-gassed it blows cold and then after a while it starts to make a weird noise...I am assuming that this is the pump running without the aircon gas?  

Where else should I look for the leak?  Any ideas more than welcome!

Cheers

On 12/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, Davehods said:

I have the 986 for 5 years and the aircon has never worked for long...has had new condensers and a set of pipes.  Once re-gassed it blows cold and then after a while it starts to make a weird noise...I am assuming that this is the pump running without the aircon gas?  

Cheers

The pump / compressor is in the engine bay behing the passenger seat though, not up front. There are a few air con pipes in front of the drivers side, under the plastic covers in the frunk. Mine sounds like one of these is resonating...

On 12/19/2019 at 3:54 PM, Davehods said:

Cheers

Whist mine didn't make noises, it did develop a leak in the pipe junction block under the car just in front of the engine bay behind the driver's seat.  Tell tale was a light oil leak.  Replaced the o-ring on the pipe end into the block and all good.  Only advice I'd give is that it took a hell of a lot of force to break the steel bolt from the ali thread on the block (why do apparently good engineers insist on using dissimilar metals and risk corrosion by not using a an assembly compound…..?).  I wan on the verge of burring out the Allen bolt socket and had a set of swan necks on the alloy block to do it.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2019 at 12:20 PM, dpg123 said:

The pump / compressor is in the engine bay behing the passenger seat though, not up front. There are a few air con pipes in front of the drivers side, under the plastic covers in the frunk. Mine sounds like one of these is resonating...

That could be it.  Have had it re-gassed with dye in it and no sign of the leak but the gas goes some where😂

After much research on this I believe the problem could be a lack of oil in the system 

When I got the car the aircon didn't work I replaced the 2 condensers and regassed but didn't ad any oil

So I think I need to get system emptied vacuumed then add oil and regassed 

Will update when I get around to it

5 hours ago, Tritonkev said:

When I got the car the aircon didn't work I replaced the 2 condensers and regassed but didn't ad any oil

Last 2 a/c regasses I've had have included oil by default...

• 4 months later...

Archived