987.2 Leaky Roof problem

balmybaldwin

I've got a little leak on the drivers side, not enough to wet the carpets, but I get a dribble down the drivers door speakers. Specifically the dribble comes down from the screen/roof joint  and runs down the inside of the side window. when I open the door I can feel that the "furry" bit of the seal is wet from about 3" to the A pillar

This seems to happen only in heavy rain, and if the drivers door is facing the wind, and I don't notice when driving, only after returning to the car when parked.

Comparing to the other side it looks like everything is in the right place seal wise

I've got a reproofing kit as i think it probably needs it (I've had it nearly a year and haven't done it) which I will do as soon as I get a good weather day, but I was wondering if there is any adjustment in the roof I ought to look at?

I also have an issue where when putting the roof up the roof sometimes goes on the outside of the plastic window "Corner" guide I can prevent it by just pushing gently as the roof comes up - which I assume is not related to my little leak and is a matter of tightening the elastic. any recommended videos etc?

Thanks as ever for any help!

In the meantime I'm buying a storm cover

13 minutes ago, balmybaldwin said:

I've got a little leak on the drivers side, not enough to wet the carpets, but I get a dribble down the drivers door speakers. Specifically the dribble comes down from the screen/roof joint  and runs down the inside of the side window. when I open the door I can feel that the "furry" bit of the seal is wet from about 3" to the A pillar

This seems to happen only in heavy rain, and if the drivers door is facing the wind, and I don't notice when driving, only after returning to the car when parked.

Comparing to the other side it looks like everything is in the right place seal wise

I've got a reproofing kit as i think it probably needs it (I've had it nearly a year and haven't done it) which I will do as soon as I get a good weather day, but I was wondering if there is any adjustment in the roof I ought to look at?

I also have an issue where when putting the roof up the roof sometimes goes on the outside of the plastic window "Corner" guide I can prevent it by just pushing gently as the roof comes up - which I assume is not related to my little leak and is a matter of tightening the elastic. any recommended videos etc?

Thanks as ever for any help!

In the meantime I'm buying a storm cover

Pretty sure someone had a similar leak last year. Cant remember details but hopefully someone will. Or you could do a search for roof leak. 

This video should sort your other issue

9 hours ago, balmybaldwin said:

have a look at this I had a similar issue - Roof Leak side Seal

• 1 month later...

Archived