Cheapest place to buy rubber door seal

Tim Edwards

Hi Boxter 986 lovers

I'm after your wisdom 

I have a water leak into the interior from the top of the drives side door on my 986

I have put this down to a perished door rubber which is attached to the front  windscreen pillar door side and extends over the top of the windscreen and down to passenger side part no   98653707702 front inner windshield seal

Can you tell me where I might source on at a reasonable price, I have been on parts websites which are charging £400+

Are you sure its perished? It's been reported on here that a leak in that location can be caused by the seal not laying properly when the door is closed. Does it match the other side / other Boxsters?

Also worth trying to adjust the glass height and angle when fully closed. Compare the fit at the top of the glass between drivers and passenger sides. Easy to adjust the height it rises to (plastic plugs on bottom of door that cover the adjusters which are torx bolts).  Just did mine recently as mine was sitting too low at that point and water was dribbling down the inside of the window in heavy rain.  You can also adjust the 'lean' of the window to make it press against the seal more.  All covered in the essential Bentley Publishing boxster service  manual (secondhand copies floating around for about £60).

Archived