can anyone help please

D10SSE

3 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Oh yes, keep the drains clear too....

The Cabrio Shield extends all the way to the boot hinge line so covers all the roof storage area and the clam shell.  No protection at the front though as it stops inline with the base of the screen. I'll post some pictures of it fitted when I get home later this week.

Where does the water drain to at the rear leading edge of the boot where the hinge is? 

23 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Either straight off the sides of the cover or down the channels around the boot lid.

Pictures as promised:

lwyHDs2.jpg 

Water runs off over 3rd brake light, or

rBJ1ejW.jpg 

the shape of the cover channels the water towards the rear three quarter/door. Granted some will go into the outer edge of the clam shell but significantly less and no roof run off, only the direct rain.

These pictures also show the magnetic strips which have microfibre linings where they touch the bodywork.  In over a year I have seen no hint of any paint damage.

Good use of about £180 IMHO.

This is what I thought. I think it is a mistake to buy one of these thinking it will stop water ingress. If you have a leak and a hole in the rear tray of the drains are part blocked you have not solved the problem nor prevented the rain from entering those areas. 

20 hours ago, edc said:

This is what I thought. I think it is a mistake to buy one of these thinking it will stop water ingress. If you have a leak and a hole in the rear tray of the drains are part blocked you have not solved the problem nor prevented the rain from entering those areas. 

But substantially reduced to the rear as no run off immediately behind the hood, just at the extreme edges with most water being diverted away before it gets there.  Not a substitute but good mitigation and adds other protection such as eliminating UV to the plastic rear screen and significantly reduces frost/snow directly on the car by keeping water/snow off in the first place, plus no scraping the windscreen.

Yes, I would also always recommend clearing drains and inspecting for damage to the rear trays.

Archived