Pirelli P Zero NO rears (265/35/20)

Flyferrari

I’ve decided to take the plunge and switch over to Michelin MP4S tyres for my BGTS (based, I hate to admit, on little more than forum sentiments!). I’ve made arrangements for the fronts that are going to a good home. The rears are both still available, free, to anyone who needs one or both. One has a screw hole that would need to be repaired, the other was repaired 3yrs ago. Both have a perfectly even 4.5-5mm of tread left and are just over 4yrs old. I’m based in Bodiam (Kent/East Sussex borders-TN32 5UJ). PM me if interested. They’ll be available in just over a week.

As I’ve said, I’m not looking for any money for them. I just hate skipping usable stuff especially in the current environmentally sensitive climate. They may do just to run out someone’s remaining front tread.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Flyferrari said:

I did say FREE didn’t I..........they’re coming off tomorrow so, if nobody wants them they’ll be skipped.

Now or never guys........

nice of you to offer them, TBH I hadnt seen the thread so maybe others havent either...

have a bump on me

Would be interested in your comparison between the two tyres as you are sceptical.

The Pirelli's seem pretty poor on the 981 compared to the Michelins & Goodyears I had on my 986.  Different cars of course but the greater Ackermann skip, less grip and greater noise have all put me off the Pirelli's.

I’ll do that. I’m interested too! I’ve been running around on my spare wheels for a few months. These are running on Goodyears. I was hoping for a night and day change in feel but, apart from being a bit softer/quieter I noted very little change. The Ackerman effect is less pronounced but it’s still there.

I have PS4S on front and PZERO N0 on rear.  My rears are being changed to PS4S next Monday (assuming I can get through the toilet roll panic crowds at Costco).

i never had much of an issue with PZERO other than in cold damp conditions, the PS4S are certainly better in this respect. They seem a bit more progressive near the limit, but what that does mean is they feel a bit less direct. I think in warm dry conditions the PZERO is superb and feels razor sharp, the PS4S feels a bit softer...all IMO.  The PZERO does seem to have a particularly stiff sidewall, this results in that direct feel, Ackerman issues etc.

i felt the back end a bit more mobile even with New PZERO compared to worn older tyres, so I expect the PS4S effect to be even more pronounced.

Archived