Front grill colour

the baron

38 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

It seems to be a mid grey so may not be faded.  They are not located somewhere where they would be expected to fade, also if the hidden surround that sits behind the bumper and the exposed parts don't show a colour difference, no fading.  The black on the vertical fins might be a bit grey after 20 years but that could be touched in.

👍

Close up pic attached - it's interesting that the vertical what appear dark grey / satin black fins have faded a lot, the horizontals have but not as much - the oval surround you can see still looks titanium coloured when compared to the arctic silver.

IMG_9054_1-scaled.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, el 3.2S said:

Great thread in full anorak mode with some wonderful individual examples of truly impressive Boxster bearding!:):lol:

I warned you back on page 1 that I was getting nerdy.  Sometimes a question just needs chasing down and it looks like we've got to a definitive solution and should an early S owner (you?) want to know the answer, now its out there 😀.  Besides we've got extra time to do these things now even whilst WFH...  now where's my razor?

4 hours ago, PaulQ said:

I painted mine black with a brush and some chalk board paint :lol:

Correct for a 2.5 in terms of colour...  😉

38 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Correct for a 2.5 in terms of colour...  😉

Is that to match the boot badge (sorry I've not read all the posts) 

I thought they were originally silver/grey.? 

4 hours ago, PaulQ said:

Is that to match the boot badge (sorry I've not read all the posts) 

I thought they were originally silver/grey.? 

2.5 and 2.7 have black.  The 3.2 has the titanium (but with black vertical bars apparently).  Your Ride is stated as a 2.5, so according to the research black is correct for the rad grilles.

Archived