tuned manifold + 200 cell sport catalytic cnverter

mneil

Having read a few posts recently regarding 981 catalytic converter failures, I did a bit of research and found these:

https://www.monasteria-performance.de/epages/17985265.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/17985265/Products/000029

German engineering and at a reasonable price, + if they really do give just that little bit extra pulling power a bonus!

They look remarkably like these from top gear https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-boxster-cayman-981-manifolds-with-sports-cats?search=boxster manifolds , I have a set on my 987.2, they throw a cel occasionally but in general they are excellent and certainly freed up the system. 

Indeed they do @EVO Chris and possibly slightly cheaper not coming from Germany.

As yet I've not had a problem with the cats on my 2012 worth 53K on the clock but no doubt they will fall eventually.    Given your experience with yours;  did they make sufficient difference in performance to warrant the expense?

14 minutes ago, mneil said:

Indeed they do @EVO Chris and possibly slightly cheaper not coming from Germany.

As yet I've not had a problem with the cats on my 2012 worth 53K on the clock but no doubt they will fall eventually.    Given your experience with yours;  did they make sufficient difference in performance to warrant the expense?

They did, and cost depends on what your after, if your old ones are no good then a cost effective solution, my original cats were perfect the only reason to change was for better response and noise. I found the 987.2 a little quiet and did not want to go for a full on louder system as drone bothers me. The car is now more responsive, a tad louder with a nice top end rev howl, I also changed to a BMC filter so that may have helped. It was worth doing IMO. 

On 4/8/2020 at 3:27 PM, EVO Chris said:

They look remarkably like these from top gear https://www.topgear.co.uk/porsche-boxster-cayman-981-manifolds-with-sports-cats?search=boxster manifolds , I have a set on my 987.2, they throw a cel occasionally but in general they are excellent and certainly freed up the system. 

Set ordered😃. Can you remember if they come with gaskets?

On 4/8/2020 at 4:27 PM, EVO Chris said:

That is because their are all made by the same company in China.

On 4/9/2020 at 4:40 PM, mneil said:

Set ordered😃. Can you remember if they come with gaskets?

You do receive gaskets for the manifolds only, not as good as OE so I purchased originals for manifolds and joints to rear box.

I ordered a new manifold with 200 cell cats from M&M in Germany before the lockdown and it's hopefully being fitted today with a run on the rollers before and after, if it all goes to plan I will post up the results.

I choose the M&M because it is much cheaper than the Cargraphic one and comes highly recommended by Jens Ehresmann which will fit in with my long term goal of fitting a bigger capacity engine in my car.

I gained a total of a whole 9 bhp and 10 lb.ft, lost a little bit of torque low down and gained a bit higher up. My car is still on its original totally uncleaned air filters, I have a set of BMC ones on order and will run it again if they ever turn up from Design 911.

Got to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in the power when driving it but I haven't driven it for ages for obvious reasons, however the noise is now epic, a lot louder with a great howl at the top end, which is exactly what I was after.

Archived