Crios mod or not ? Opinions please

V6reu

On 4/23/2020 at 11:16 PM, V6reu said:

Another lockdown job to do or not !! 
is it worth doing ? Or has anyone got a suggestion to a good bypass kit ? 

Just wait and ask a garage to weld two pipes for a bypass. £135 for mine and far better than a crios. Once you do the crios it'll be a bitch to get bypass pipes. Personally I'd wait!

I bought a second hand back box which had the Crios mod on it. Sound wise it is very slightly louder at idle but more 'growly' (not sure that makes sense..) through the rev range.

Effectively the Crios cuts out some  of the exhaust box internal baffling coming into play but because the holes you make are around 12-15mm its not too loud, fitting a by-pass does a similar thing to a greater extent but with an amount of the exhaust not going into the back box at all.

If you did a Crios and then when the Zombie apocalypse finishes went with a by-pass mod it would just be slightly louder as even less of the exhaust is going through baffles.

I don't think it would be outrageous in relation to volume if both were done.

Not sure why it would be a bitch as the Crios is done inside the exhaust outlet at the bend you can see when you look into the tail pipes, a by pass takes gases from the back box inlets before it enters and is welded into the tail pipe exits. So Crios won't stop you doing a by-pass. If you do the Crios it would be very difficult to undo as access is near impossible to try welding up any hole you drill, you'd possibly be able to use chemical metal to bond a patch over the drilled hole.

3 hours ago, geraintthomas said:

Also, any photos of your car? That interior on your profile pic looks interesting!

49818112812_1755250973_b.jpg

just done the mirrors today 

3 hours ago, geraintthomas said:

Also, any photos of your car? That interior on your profile pic looks interesting!

Check out “what have you done to your car today “ thread there is a couple more pics 👍

There is absolutely no reason you cannot do a bypass after doing the Crios, as mentioned it would be just slightly louder, the Crios is a good easy, cheap mod.

Archived