buying off Auto doc Germany

mortzz

To be fair even Design911 has a wobble sometimes I have been waiting for parts from them now since 18 April. Fair enough it's probably out of stock and they'll despatch as soon as they can I'm sure.

My experience with autodoc has been a little mixed. Bought some bits for my Alfa from them and their website advised the incorrect parts. It was cheap enough so oi just bitched and got the right parts second time around.

I looked at Stabilus gas struts for the 986 boot on Design911 and had a heart attack. 22 pounds each! Same thing on Autopadoc was 23 pounds for both delivered at my house. Exact same gas struts - same manufacturer and make - Stabilus. Made a big difference as well. Now I actually have to close the boot instead of just letting the lid drop. Well worth the wait in my opinion.

Desgin911 seem to be getting parts now as they are now delivering a genuine Porsche item they said was in stock when I ordered but turned out not to be.  I asked to cancel if not possible to deliver by end of this week as my OPC has it in stock ad is now open for parts and I got a notification today that DHL will deliver tomorrow.  But then again with OPCs opening up again I guess PCGB parts must be distributing again explaining why they now have stock.

Used Autodoc/onlinecarparts.co.uk for gas struts bonnet and boot lid.  Great value compared to other sources even with delivery costs.

I use the autodoc app all the time and the parts normally take less than a week which is fine for me  

ive stopped buying from the GSF site as they are inflating the normal prices and then knocking 60% off.   As an example 5L of mobile 1 at £105 ?   Even with %60 off that’s still more expensive than everyone else.  total scam in my view.  

Archived