buying off Auto doc Germany

mortzz

Similar story here, nearly 2 weeks.

Used them 3 separate times and never had a problem, just takes longer to get to UK. Best prices on a Pierburg water pump and LT stat at the time on my last order.

8 minutes ago, Deano37 said:

Similar story here, nearly 2 weeks.

Used them 3 separate times and never had a problem, just takes longer to get to UK. Best prices on a Pierburg water pump and LT stat at the time on my last order.

thats what ive bought

@mortzz - ordered brake pad sensors from Autodoc on 21st April, arrived on the 29th April.

I've used them 4 or 5 times, same outfit at onlineparts.co.uk delivery is around a week when things were 'normal', so I guess a few days longer is fair.  Delivery is tracked and the slow bit seems to be the UK part.  If parts are for planned work I'd recommend them and they recognise Porsche part numbers for searching which helps a lot over most sites.

3 hours ago, GmanB said:

Took about a week and a half for my deliver during lock down. 

Thats quicker than Eurocarparts, Ive been waiting for over 3wks now

1 hour ago, the baron said:

Thats quicker than Eurocarparts, Ive been waiting for over 3wks now

Oh that's not good, hope it arrives soon. Sounds like you may have ordered an out of stock item, it does happen sometimes. 

1 hour ago, GmanB said:

Oh that's not good, hope it arrives soon. Sounds like you may have ordered an out of stock item, it does happen sometimes. 

Nope, oil, and filters, should all be stock stuff

I've been really impressed with Autodoc.

Have used them a few times now, and delivery is about a week or so but my last order was post Corona and it it still turned up by DHL with no noticeable extra time taken over a pre Corona order. As the kit is coming from Germany, you can pay a £3.95 insurance policy out at order time which means that they will collect at their cost if the parts happen to be wrong. Worth considering if they're heavy?

I couldn't believe how cheap the prices were for a pair of Stark rear brake discs and pads for a "lesser car in my ownership" and assumed they must be of inferior quality, but then looked up Stark Automotive and found out they seem to be a fully accredited, fairly new German company with lots of rave reviews, so I took the plunge and  ordered then and am truly impressed by the  quality of the discs and the packaging that arrived and struggle to work out how they can make a profit given the amount of work there must be in those things.

They also sell things that you just wouldn't expect to find, including numerous seal kit options for brake caliper pistons.

Have yet to fit them, but expecting good things ..........

Ordered a Pierberg water pump, low temp stat & conti tech drive belt from them. Took about 2 weeks to arrive & was a good price.

I found that you got extra discount by using their app. Top tip, if you’re not in a rush for parts, put the items in your basket on the app & then check every day after 11pm - generally they change the offers after 11pm & then the basket will update prices automatically, but they also change the base price of products regularly.

On my order, the highest price of my basket was about £30 more than what I actually paid.

I used them loads until one time the TRW master cylinder i ordered came in a beaten up box and was clearly not TRW - their returns process was a nightmare which I why I don't use them anymore.  The impression I got was that they don't stock their own stuff but it comes from third party warehouses so they can't actually verify what you get sent.  9 times out of 10 it's fine but that 10th time you discover the returns process isn't very customer orientated, Amazon it is not.

10 hours ago, Richard Hamilton said:

What I didn't like is the way they use different site addresses.  I bought something from a .co.uk site, thinking it was UK based, and found it arrived from Autodoc Germany several days later than I expected.

Yes I got caught out with that......very naughty!!

I'm about do a full suspension overhaul on my daily driver and have ordered the springs from Autodoc. I was hoping to do it next weekend when I'm free but I don't think they'll arrive by then which is a shame as I have all the other parts ready 😑 Best price by miles though for what I wanted!!

Archived