Roof and mrs's cat

Nick C

OK I click on it and I can see it, even if it didn't display inline.

Yeah that's irritating!!

I'd hope a seamstress or someone could tuck it back into the weave with a needle.  Unlikely to put it back how it was, but at least get it out of the way. 

My suggestion might also be sailmakers, are you not far from a large body of water?

I've actually tucked the thread back in, it was vert tiny, its just a little frayed in the area now, i have been told to use a needle thats hot to melt the thread and to carefully try to follow the channel on the weave to hide it, it actually isn't that bad but my car is immaculate. Think its more noticeable as its a slightly different colour where its happened so I've brought revono colour restorer and ultimate sealer see if that masks it any better. 

22 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Is this safe for the hood material?

Its not the pure oil, I mix it 1:5 with water in a spray bottle, i have used it on several car hoods without issue.

Although thinking about it, I keep them well proofed with Fabsil every year, so I doubt its actually soaking in.

Commercial products are available to achieve the same, but pricey for what they are.

https://www.stressnomore.co.uk/professional-strength-scratch-no-more-12902.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwh472BRAGEiwAvHVfGot3z_WiHKGDSDIpkk_tVEK7VJ5mkH87C5RjptoyiQYB3vP9QODUWRoCphcQAvD_BwE

Thanks for your input, everytime i put the cover on i put a piece of card between the roof and the cover, I've also brought some outdoor cat repellent spray which I've sprayed all over the cover, he hasn't shown any interest, I have picked him up walked him to my car when the cover is on and then sprayed him with the hose, he shot out of my arms, I've been doing this over and over, now when I do it I can't even get him close to the car.

He's learning, hopefully!!!

🤣🤣 He hasn't been on my favourites list for a few days!!!!

He's a cool cat to be fair, i just want to drill it into him that he isn't to go anywhere near my car when it's there!!! 

Think it's hitting home though!!

👍👌

With way too many years of BoXa and Scoobynet, a hosepipe is NOT cruel...  I've seen apparently serious suggestions for air rifles and bowls of antifreeze left out :( 

I used to be on scoobynet, had an Impreza STI V2 in white, was immaculate, i brought mine years ago before they got chavvy, a few people on here have suggested what you mention, i couldn't do anything like that to a cat if any of them were being serious. 

I'll be taking the car over there on Thursday so the hose will be back out and poor old Henry will be getting blasted by it!!

I got one of those ultrasonic cat scarer and a web cam so I could keep an eye on my car to make sure cat scarer was working.

The web cam also allowed me to shout at the cat if it wandered in and that really scared it.

Yeah I've thought about all that, can't believe something so small can cause me so much of a headache, I think what I'm doing is making him fearful off the car, I'm not stopping yet though, plenty more soaking to go!!!

Can't beat a wet pussy!!!!

Yes I lowered the tone but come on your all thinking it!!!🤣🤣👍

3 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

With way too many years of BoXa and Scoobynet, a hosepipe is NOT cruel...  I've seen apparently serious suggestions for air rifles and bowls of antifreeze left out :( 

...antifreeze might do the trick ... my father used a dish of concentrated ammonia (courtesy of work leftovers) and that sorted the neighbours cat for years - it doesn't drink it - just comes near sniffs it and never comes back.

Antifreeze, I don't think I'll be trying that one, my girlfriend would have a fit and I wouldn't blame her, think the spray i brought from screwfix is gonna help, proper outdoor spray and it stinks, and the hosepipe is working a treat. 

19 hours ago, Nick C said:

Antifreeze, I don't think I'll be trying that one, my girlfriend would have a fit and I wouldn't blame her, think the spray i brought from screwfix is gonna help, proper outdoor spray and it stinks, and the hosepipe is working a treat. 

probably wise if you are expecting to retain said girlfriend

you used to be able to get automatic motion-detecting water squirters - garden shops I think - looked like a big green frog. when animals got near it a PIR detected them and it issued a squirt of water - battery powered IIRC. The idea was it does the hose job when you're not around.

Archived