Roof and mrs's cat

Nick C

Hi,  i keep my car on my mrs's drive sometimes but always with a car cover, I've noticed her cat has clawed the cover and also made a thread in the roof, angry doesn't come close to how I feel about it, I am beyond mad, question is does anyone know someone who could maybe disguise it slightly, I've poked it back in and made it better but my eyes are drawn to it everytime, it's not the cats fault but I am livid with it. 

Help much appreciated. 

12 minutes ago, Nick C said:

Ha ha ha, great replies!! 

Right, now for some serious ones???

👍

Not sure about the damage but to prevent or minimise it happening again.....

1) Fibre glass hardtop shell.  They’re molded for the Boxster race series. 

Put a blanket on the roof, then the hardtop shell and then your cover. 

Or 2) Sheet of memory foam - say 20mm - cut to shape, put on the roof and then put your cover over that.  Might even stitch the corners of the foam into the cover to make it easier to handle. The memory foam simply acts as a sacrificial layer and doesn’t shred the way normal upholstery foam does when cut.  

The damage is not that bad but bad enough for me to notice it, I have already put something between the roof and cover, he didn't bother with the cover to start with then my Mrs caught him lay on my boot on the cover, i then found he'd clawed the top then found the thread he'd pulled in the roof, i was not happy!!!

Cats often end up getting run over luckily so let’s all cross our fingers for you.  As a rule women with cats should be avoided and especially so when they have one of those cat scratching posts in their homes.    

you’ve been told.  

I don't wish the cat any harm to be honest, he's a great cat, my original question was about masking the thread a little or if anyone knows who could possibly improve it a little, it isn't bad but I notice it. 

I’d look for a new one then.  Mrs, not the car.   women with cats should be avoided at all costs. Especially if they have one of those cat scratching posts in the house. Total sign of crazy right there.  

I have a similar issue with a neighbours cat; no damage to roof as yet. He sits up on there when the sun is out, I guess its a hotspot.

Every time I clean the hood I finish with a very light misting of Citronella oil, keeps him off it.

4 hours ago, LordFlasheart said:

Every time I clean the hood I finish with a very light misting of Citronella oil, keeps him off it.

Is this safe for the hood material?

No good to me personally...  This place doesn't like hosting images as the site would grind to a halt, you need to find a dedicated site like flikr, imgur etc (I think Facebook unadvisable), upload it there, then paste the image link in the body of your message.

If you did that we can all see it and might offer more targeted solutions?

I can't host one, I fell out with photo bucket and we haven't reconciled yet...

Archived