Minor Parts

Dazzevans

Picked up my Boxster yesterday and have started to look at minor bits and bobs that could do with replacing. The boot damper struts have zero damping, so much that it fell on my bonce. Does anyone have a good part number/supplier solution for me please?

1 hour ago, Dazzevans said:

Picked up my Boxster yesterday and have started to look at minor bits and bobs that could do with replacing. The boot damper struts have zero damping, so much that it fell on my bonce. Does anyone have a good part number/supplier solution for me please?

Haha, tinkering already Darren! There was a thread on this recently. Seem to recall most people recommended SGS https://www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/porsche/boxster

By the way, you can update your 'My Ride' now! See you around Yeovil sometime.

They take a few days longer but a full car set delivered (well worth while if they are tired) for about £50 from autodoc.com. I went for known brand aftermarket (Monroe may not supply Porches but they are not mugs when it comes to dampers...

frazerpart.com also do all four struts for around £50 and UK distributor, so pretty quick. I think they do next day delivery, if I recall correctly. They weren't listed as such but they had the same part numbers as the struts I replaced. 

Archived