Drivers side window

bandit_287

I’ve noticed that when the hood and windows are down the drivers side window protrudes about 5mm proud of the door card, the passenger side is flush. I’m not sure if it’s always been like that and it’s something I’ve just noticed, anybody else’s like that? 65 981. 

Sounds like your door card has the delamination problem, quite common I'm afraid especially cars that have been in warm weather.

You can repair it by stripping it down or you can pick up another one. I've got both the driver and passenger door cards in my garage, pm me if you want to buy one.👍

9 hours ago, bandit_287 said:

I’ve noticed that when the hood and windows are down the drivers side window protrudes about 5mm proud of the door card, the passenger side is flush. I’m not sure if it’s always been like that and it’s something I’ve just noticed, anybody else’s like that? 65 981. 

pictures?

No it’s not the door card issue, I looked at a 981 that had that problem a few years ago. Mines got the full leather dash/door cards and the they card look brand new. The window goes up and down and seats against the hood perfectly but just noticed the drivers side sits very slightly proud when down. It’s not a major issue, I can live with it but if it’s a simple fix I’ll sort it. 

Have you tried resetting the window? press the switch window down and hold for a few seconds and the same up on both doors.

No doubt you will have no luck with that.  If it's really annoying you, earlier cars had a height adjustment (2 torx screws) on the window regulator.  This means removing the door card though.

That would be something I could live with, hate removing door cards!

Don't know if this may be related but on mine, 2015 GTS, when the roof and windows are down the windows lift up about 4 or 5mm when the door is open and drops completely when the door is closed. I can't see a reason for this behaviour but that's what they do, does anybody else's do it?

15 hours ago, Buzzfox said:

Don't know if this may be related but on mine, 2015 GTS, when the roof and windows are down the windows lift up about 4 or 5mm when the door is open and drops completely when the door is closed. I can't see a reason for this behaviour but that's what they do, does anybody else's do it?

I wonder if that’s what happened to mine? I parked it in the garage with the roof down, opened the door and got out then noticed the window was slightly proud. Maybe it didn’t drop down again when I closed the door. When I checked yesterday I put the roof up, then down again and all was fine. I’ll double check and report back. 

Archived