Drivers door leak

StephenM

After all the rain we had last night I went out to my car this evening and discovered there was water pooled on the inside of the window towards the door handle on the drivers side (passenger side was dry)  I have searched through the forum and found that I should treat the door rubbers to some Gummi Pflege Stift, but I took a picture of the area and have marked with a green line where the water was pooling on the inside of the glass to ask the forum's advice as the door rubbers look slightly different to the other side.  Any help will be appreciated.

YM2kDBi.jpg

Check the glass is going all the way up into the seal on the hood. This top seal round the hood is the one to treat with the Gummi Pflege. 

Also check the carpet at the bottom of the doors, as this can be wet after rain, if its leaking at the bottom also.

If the carpet is wet, its probably one of the door card clips missing or not seated properly allowing water in. Or it can be the rubber seal around the bottom of the door carrier behind the door card.

Archived