GTS Exhaust Tips

R1HJK

I'm tempted to get some black GTS exhaust tips, never been a big fan of the chrome tips.

Do the GTS tips remain black after cleaning? I've seen a few GTS models and the tips are back to bare metal almost but that could be down to poor maintenance.

1 hour ago, daz05 said:

Following.... On that basis I'm tempted to paint mine.

I'm tempted to paint mine too, just reluctant to take my bumper off again after the stress of fitting the GTS diffuser 😄

My BGTS tips are dark, I wouldn't say black but almost if that makes sense - more black chrome from new.

The finish needs to be maintained and I do periodically clean mine with WD and treat with ACF50 if it's grim.

My Audi has chrome exhaust tips and I keep them clean too.  If you don't they deteriorate and look horrible.  I cannot understand folk with S/RS cars and the lovely chrome tips are rotten with grime beyond recovery.

The 981 GTS tips are notorious for pitting.....in fact it was a defect and so could be replaced under warranty...the problem being lots of original owners did not check them and when covered in exhaust soot you don't notice the pitting......then when you clean them you just expose the pitting so lots don;t bother then cleaning them lol

14 hours ago, Jonttt said:

The 981 GTS tips are notorious for pitting.....in fact it was a defect and so could be replaced under warranty...the problem being lots of original owners did not check them and when covered in exhaust soot you don't notice the pitting......then when you clean them you just expose the pitting so lots don;t bother then cleaning them lol

I did mention this to my OPC not that long after having the car and they said it was normal wear 'n' tear & I couldn't be ar5ed so just give them a clean now and then.

Yes, I believe some owners got these replaced under warranty at first but it appears as though as time has passed they started to say known under "wear and tear".  It would be interesting if an owner of a car still under warranty with say 2k miles on the clock would be told the same ?

Archived