What would be nice....

Ninesomething

On 7/19/2020 at 10:18 AM, JonSta said:

Would be that Northants county council would resurface all the roads properly. Just in case that doesn't happen when I replace my rear tyres(soon) would buying the ones that don't have XL written on the sidewall improve the low speed ride at all?

I often think that of NCC too but in their defence they have done a reasonable amount of small patching recently in the Kettering area at least to sort some of the worst potholes!  However I have standard load tyres at the moment on 17" rims and about to switch to XL on 18" this week.  I'll let you know how bad it is or if there is little difference.

Any specific road in mind?  I noticed Corby is particularly bad today. Also Warkton Lane from the top of Kettering makes everything I drive feel like its fitted with square wheels.

That bit of worn out shell grip by the roundabout in the dip in London road makes my teeth feel like they're falling out. As I live quite near there the tyres are always cold when I go over it so I don't think that helps. Yeah they have patched a bit and I've noticed more yellow paint where they look like they're planning a bit more. Nice to see my community charge being put to good use for once.

1 hour ago, JonSta said:

That bit of worn out shell grip by the roundabout in the dip in London road makes my teeth feel like they're falling out. As I live quite near there the tyres are always cold when I go over it so I don't think that helps. Yeah they have patched a bit and I've noticed more yellow paint where they look like they're planning a bit more. Nice to see my community charge being put to good use for once.

I find mine is not too bad there but I do pick my line.  The approach to the pedestrian crossing at the Tesco extra is similar and mine is very rough there (probably not helped by possibly rattling drop links) so I can let you know soon. :unsure:

17 hours ago, JonSta said:

.....  Bound to be expensive and seized....

You're getting the hang of Boxster ownership then 😉

Archived