Is new flywheel normally needed?

box100

14 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Should have said could have popped one in with RMS tool!!

yes I know now this to be the case....

I think I have one somewhere - just trying to locate it.

New DMF and clutch arrived today...

QQ though the SACHS clutch is same outside diameter but the friction surface is less ? left is new 😉

02AbQ29.jpg

And I would say comparing new DMF to old - I would guess its probably got 15,20k easy driven miles left in it
Its not broken but it is worn on the surface and the movement is easier and slightly more rotation than the new one .... Thankfully it does otherwise I just spent ££ unnecessarily

Edited by Dubdubz

4 hours ago, Dubdubz said:

And I would say comparing new DMF to old - I would guess its probably got 15,20k easy driven miles left in it
Its not broken but it is worn on the surface and the movement is easier and slightly more rotation than the new one .... Thankfully it does otherwise I just spent ££ unnecessarily

Are you replacing the clutch tube? If not recommend as they score and cause squeaking, I believe I have a new one if not among my stock with o ring but not output shaft seal

2 hours ago, bally4563 said:

Are you replacing the clutch tube? If not recommend as they score and cause squeaking, I believe I have a new one if not among my stock with o ring but not output shaft seal

Clutch tubes etal dependent on your model

The one I bought is like the metal one, now the only thing I am now going to check is autodoc didn’t list it against my car so I wonder if the inner seal is different. The metal part I used for the number assuming that meant the print and seal would be the right one. 

as the IMS is not weeping at all stationary and I need to get the car roadworthy I am going to bodge it and smear sealant to stem the weeping, should it be that. I am not sure on keeping the car so I need to feel the love again. If I do then I might direct oil feed the IMS anyway. 
they do this crazy bore tool to get the old one without splitting the engine…

checking the guide tube now…

8 minutes ago, Dubdubz said:

The one I bought is like the metal one, now the only thing I am now going to check is autodoc didn’t list it against my car so I wonder if the inner seal is different. The metal part I used for the number assuming that meant the print and seal would be the right one. 

as the IMS is not weeping at all stationary and I need to get the car roadworthy I am going to bodge it and smear sealant to stem the weeping, should it be that. I am not sure on keeping the car so I need to feel the love again. If I do then I might direct oil feed the IMS anyway. 
they do this crazy bore tool to get the old one without splitting the engine…

checking the guide tube now…

Parts in the packages are 987 six speed but as said is minus the output shaft seal that goes inside