Cleaning out front near the battery.

Spinjim

So next door has a large sliver birch tree and during the late summer they drop lots of little 5mm green bits (I’m not a gardener)  These get everywhere and when my 981 had water ingress due to blocked drain holes these were to blame. 
Now I clean out the rear roof channels with a brush every other day as I won’t be happy if I get the bill for a new ECU this time (under warranty last time)  and I’m checking under the cover near the battery and it’s full of the little green stuff, now I’ve had a good go with the bush and a few cans of compressed air but still lots left.ive cleaned out the air filter to the cabin.  It’s tuned to a mush in some places it’s so bad. 
Not much air flow in there so going to take the cover off and go for a drive and see if that helps. Anyone got any ideas ? 

Jim

I'm not a big fan of using an air compressor for this sort of task - you risk blowing the stuff into even more inaccessible crevices. If you haven't got access to a suitable wet/dry vacuum you might be able to find a self-serve car wash with one?

16 minutes ago, Carmine said:

I'm not a big fan of using an air compressor for this sort of task - you risk blowing the stuff into even more inaccessible crevices. If you haven't got access to a suitable wet/dry vacuum you might be able to find a self-serve car wash with one?

Yes agree re just generally blowing stuff around - I was thinking more re keeping the drains themselves clear.

Archived