2.5 Tiptronic

dunks

After reading an article in 911 & Porsche World , there's an article about the Boxster , It states the Boxster was launched in late 1996 as just a 2.5 and the only change during the first three years was an addition of a 5 speed tiptronic box on the 2.5 ltr ..... got to say I've learnt something new as I thought all tiptronics were 6 speed on the 3.2

6 minutes ago, dunks said:

After reading an article in 911 & Porsche World , there's an article about the Boxster , It states the Boxster was launched in late 1996 as just a 2.5 and the only change during the first three years was an addition of a 5 speed tiptronic box on the 2.5 ltr ..... got to say I've learnt something new as I thought all tiptronics were 6 speed on the 3.2

Well I’ve learnt something new as well, as I hadn’t realised there was a 6 speed tip box for the Boxster, assumed they were all 5 speed like my 2.5

On 10/25/2020 at 4:41 PM, topradio said:

Base price for my 986 was £34K (I optioned it up to £40K).  Base 911 Carrera was just over £61K, but I wanted the new tech,  Oh how different it could have been.

I love that you still enjoy a 986 even though you’ve enjoyed the fresher fruits from the mid engined tree. Really enjoyed seeing you out in it on our recent Rutland jaunt. 

Archived