What width spacers

Kev73

Got 20'' techno wheels on my 981 cayman, width are 8.5 et57 & 10'' et50, looking at it I'd say no more than 10mm will 10 be too excessive, I managed to try a bmw 5mm just to look at and looked fine on the rear, just can't help feeling a touch more, what about 7mm? Obviously require longer bolts too approx 35mm thread length, what do you guys use? thanks

It’s not something that seems to be widely done on a 981. The wheels look great without IMO and I wouldn’t want to mess with the nicely balanced handling. 

Having said that I seem to recall at least one thread discussing this in the dim and distant so hopefully someone will be able to chip in.

50 minutes ago, Bodge50 said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/Wq9uzUT.jpg[/img]

20" rims - 7mm on front, 15 mm on rear

I thought 15mm on the rear would be for too wide and cause rubbing issues, what are the width's and offsets of your wheels? 

1 hour ago, Kev73 said:

I thought 15mm on the rear would be for too wide and cause rubbing issues, what are the width's and offsets of your wheels? 

Sorry i have no idea but have not noticed any issues 

3 hours ago, daz05 said:

5mm works quite well I think, OEM plus.  7mm would be perfect for me.

I think i'm going to go with 7mms all round, they need to be hubcentric though rather than the flat shim type spacers

15 hours ago, Kev73 said:

I think i'm going to go with 7mms all round, they need to be hubcentric though rather than the flat shim type spacers, anyone know where I can get hubcentric 7mms from? 

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed Eibach hubcenrtics to the rear , im thinking I should of gone at least 10mm now instead, got a b/new unopened box of 7mm hubcentrics that I was going to use on the fronts if anyone's interested

Archived