Heater blowing cold...

Rob™

Whilst I've still got my heated seats, the heater is blowing cold - not even a hint of warm air. Is there anything I can (easily) check before I call my local indie? My level of expertise just about lets me change the wheels from summers to winters (and vice versa, obviously), I've never seen my engine. 

I'm not using it often at the moment, but I don't like being cold when I do...

Thanks in advance

5 minutes ago, Rob™ said:

Whilst I've still got my heated seats, the heater is blowing cold - not even a hint of warm air. Is there anything I can (easily) check before I call my local indie? My level of expertise just about lets me change the wheels from summers to winters (and vice versa, obviously), I've never seen my engine. 

Thanks in advance

Any heat when you hit the front screen de-mist button ? 

40 minutes ago, Rob™ said:

Thanks in advance

I had this the other day..thought 'hang on I've put on high and whilst the fan has ramped up to 100%, it's not that hot'

then realised that you need to press the vent button so it directs only at your face (and not screen or feet) and it was both fast and hot :) 

is it that?

46 minutes ago, Rob™ said:

Thanks in advance

Rob it's one of these that I change in my video here, £30 part but sadly you need engine access to get at it.

https://youtu.be/nC4VGnYJ4QM

Archived