Which tyres for 987 s please

Enigma362

1 minute ago, andygo said:

Shouldn't take long to scrub them down, the wear rate is as poor as the grip!

Yes it's not my first encounter with P-Zero's.

They are better than I remember but I've inherited these on the car , they wouldn't be my first choice.

Glosrich, Fair play in updating us re your experience on the N rated tyres. Tyre manufactures develop and test tyres for all types of cars some with power that would not pull the skin off a rice pud, some with oodles of grunt. Those developed for the cars with grunt are made to handle the torque and tyre wall stresses accordingly . If the said tyre is for a 500 BHP BMW M you go on size and speed rating as recommended, if it is for a Porsche model with 500 BHP it does not take Einstein out to work out the tyre cannot differentiate between Porsche and BMW power. The difference is some manufactures will add an N to the serial number on the same tyre as would fit a BMW or Mitsu Evo ....

It is  a money making marketing ploy, no more no less.

BTW my superb 987 2.7 Sport ( Best I have seen to-date) FDSH all its life to 38000 miles (now 39554) was found to have 6 coil packs all split and corroded and all on the verge of failure. My independent Fiesta to Porsche repairer spotted same on first look. DSH to me in the main is botty wipe. My 650 i 30000 mile again full dealer service history had never had its caliper  stripped ( clogged up mega) again spotted by my garage this year after being through BMW dealers 10 plus times. 

Archived