Recommendation for radio/gps/music player etc please

Enigma362

Just bought 987s mk2 and everyone here guided me through tyres and where to buy, thanks again, now it’s ICE advice I’m after. I’ve been looking until my head hurt and living in Cornwall has its spectacular side there isn’t a huge number of places to go to decide what is the one to buy. I don’t care Apple or Android although I think for what I’m after Android just wins, I’d like front and rear cameras, bluetooth from phone to kit, clear and clean screen and top of list sound quality.

Thanks everyone 

K

Lots on here (including me) went for the Pioneer sph-230dab. It works with IOS and Android phones. 

Reason I chose this over other makes and models is the volume switch. My son has a Pioneer with touchscreen controls and find myself looking for the volume button. 

Bluetooth, hands free, speech recognition via Siri or Google. It even reads out whatsapp messages and I can reply using my voice. 

Sat Nav is via Google Maps or Waze - again faultless and upto date. 

Brodit phone mount, as the screen mounts just obscured my view. A strong magnet attached to the mount and each phone has a bumper cover with a metal plate. 

my work and personal android phones + wifes iphone all compatible. 

It just works

IMG_20191127_105722

Hi, I went with an Xtrons Boxster specific a couple of years ago.

Fitted it myself and was a doddle to fit along with a reversing camera.

I would agree with the above, if you don’t have steering wheel controls then either go for one with a volume control or fit some steering wheel controls. I don’t have a MFSW and quickly fitted a Chinese blue tooth control unit, about £15 from eBay. They are two circular units that I have mounted on the steering wheel. I’m convinced I would have crashed by now without them.

If you have an optical amp then this could complicate the fitting. I didn’t but the Xtrons unit came with an adaptor which I didn’t need in the end.

Good luck with whatever you pick and anything is better than the standard. 

I went for the same set up as Pinewood, Pioneer 230dab using it with my Iphone. It was an excellent system. I purchased and had it installed one year ago, but have recently had it professionally removed and the car returned to the stock set up as I sold my 987.2 two weeks ago. I plan on selling it. If you are interested give me a shout. Perfect working order, microphone dab antenna, facia and fixing kit all included.

All the best,

Simon.

Archived