Side Air Scopes?

Ringmaster999

OK with little else to do but dream of when we can get back to something like normal and looking at endless 981 mods etc. 
Has anyone ever fitted these or similar to there standard 981’s

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fit-For-Porsche-981-GT4-Boxster-Cayman-GTS-Side-Air-Intakes-Vents-Grilles-2016/324357411344?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

If so what are your findings? How did you attach them and with what did you attach them? Anyone fit them and loose one whilst driving.

Cheers 👍

58 minutes ago, michelin said:

I really like these for our cars. I've always thought that area needed a little bit more.

My main concern, as above, is them coming away as researching I think they are fixed with tape and adhesive. 😏

Yes which is why I’d love feedback from anyone who’s actually bought and fitted such items. Suppose there might be some products out there good enough for the job of attaching them securely. But what and how does it look. I think look wise done properly they’d be bang on 👍

I was looking at these and I was talking to a painter and he said he would want to see them before e

Quoting for them, Some of them have little dimples on them others are smooth.  

11 minutes ago, robporsche said:

I was looking at these and I was talking to a painter and he said he would want to see them before e

Quoting for them, Some of them have little dimples on them others are smooth.  

On the dreaded Bay you can source both painted and unpainted (without the GT Logo). I was going to get the unpainted (for obvious reasons) and yes I dare say they would require some prep work before painting 👍

Be aware the cheap Chinese products will not be supply genuine 3M tape.

The 3M tape is called VHB.  I've been using it for years to stick on number plates, BMW use it to stick on many parts including the GPD shark fins. It can be bought from RS and Screwfix and possibly Amazon too.  The product number will vary depending on size 

I seem to recall someone on here fitting them and using tape and a couple of self tapping small screws to keep their mind at ease.  No idea how they managed to install the screws.

HTH

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I saw a video on YT before and the guy had a white Cayman. 

He sourced a pair of scoops but they had the black fins already attached to the inside of the scoops. I'm assuming these are the OEM variants?

🙂

p.s. You can tell I'm fearing another lockdown re my chat on here given posts for mods............🙃