Rear wheel issue

Chukkieegg

OK since having new tyres fitted on my base 2.5 boxster with standard 16" rims 

Ns side rear tyre loses pressure every few days had tyre resealed and made no difference

My question is it a better option to get rim refurbed or try and find another rim? 

Or you could have corrosion around the rim where the tyre bead sits. A good tyre place would hopefully spot this and rub it down. 

Get them to stick it in a wheel bath/bucket and you will see where the air leak is from.

I had this problem some years ago and the tyre fitter wire brushed the rim before applying soap and fitting the tyre, he also put slightly more pressure in the tyre apparently this helps it seal. After a while i was supposed to reduce the pressure but didnt, if it ant broke dont fix it lol.

Has something long time ago on a Seat.  The fitters tried the best to clean the rim, but it never sealed properly.  Ended up getting the wheels refurbished and it was fine after that.

54 minutes ago, JonSta said:

Sure you don't have a hairline crack in the wheel? I had one repaired recently.

Don't think so think it's more corrosion going to have to get it refurbed me thinks when we are allowed to go into the out 😂 

id personally whip the tyre off, get a hose or a bucket of soapy water and wet the tres to see where the leak is - i advise pumping it up too so there is a decent amount of pressure. it could be the valve isnt seated right and a bit of a wiggle etc might fix it or as other have said the bead isn't seated properly. ill will be apparent with a bit of soapy water. 

Archived