Carnewal Exhaust

JohnSyn

Has anyone got a Carnewal exhaust system fitted? If so what's your opinion of it?

I do not mean the free flow manifold, I think Carnewal list it as a GT exhaust system where they 'convert' an existing box. 

I have it :)

It’s not as loud as PSE and does not have the continuous stream of *pops/bangs/crackles;  but for the money, it is a worthwhile improvement over standard and adds nicely to the driving experience.

*can be provoked in 1st, by sudden lift of throttle at ~3/4k revs.  Less apparent in higher gears; still there, but more faintly heard.

No drone.

Overall, very happy with it.

2 hours ago, boxtastic said:

I have it :)

It’s not as loud as PSE and does not have the continuous stream of *pops/bangs/crackles;  but for the money, it is a worthwhile improvement over standard and adds nicely to the driving experience.

*can be provoked in 1st, by sudden lift of throttle at ~3/4k revs.  Less apparent in higher gears; still there, but more faintly heard.

No drone.

Overall, very happy with it.

Many thanks, this is helpful. .Its interesting you say its not as loud as PSE, the guy I'm talking to infers its a lot louder! Which is exactly why I'm seeking advice form someone like you, who has it.

@JohnSyn

John, think you know I have the carnewal exhaust on mine. Not as loud as PSE, but loud enough at full chat. Does have more subtle pops bangs and crackles. Nice and quiet when cruising but with a decent low rumble - no drone at any rpm.

I’ve got one on my 987SE.  Best thing I’ve ever bought for her, and no drone as stated above.

Its actually a lot more noticeable with the roof up.  Not too loud and just about right in my opinion.

Once you’ve driven it for a for a while and it’s bedded in it crackles and pops nicely too.

Hi @JohnSyn I made the trip to Gert (thread somewhere but pics dropped off...) to get my then 987.1 S modded.

I’d go PSE having had both (for the switch ability & outright sound of the PSE) - for ‘value’ Carnewal every day.

The Carnewal sounded fantastic - not over the top - just ‘right’. Would highly recommend. 

Edit: You have the PSE already. I would not consider the Carnewal rear box mods on a PSE. PSE wins for me.

Thanks guys, @Ringer250, @shiftspark, @EagleStar and @Andy Mac,  thats really helpful. I'm now wondering why the guy has suggested the carnewal will be a more raucous noise than the PSE currently fitted to my car! think I'll have to look a bit further afield!

1 hour ago, JohnSyn said:

Thanks guys, @Ringer250, @shiftspark, @EagleStar and @Andy Mac,  thats really helpful. I'm now wondering why the guy has suggested the carnewal will be a more raucous noise than the PSE currently fitted to my car! think I'll have to look a bit further afield!

Hi, I also bought the carnewal gt exhaust from Gert-service and communication was 1st class and for a approx £500 spend it puts a massive smile on my face particularly in sports mode where it is really noticeable.  If I’m reading your post correctly and you already have the PSE fitted to your vehicle I definitely would not be swapping that the the Carnewal system.

1 hour ago, Ian ferguson said:

If I’m reading your post correctly and you already have the PSE fitted to your vehicle I definitely would not be swapping that the the Carnewal system.

Yes, thats right. As explained someone has said to me that the Carnewal exhaust would be an improvement to the PSE and I wanted to check with people who have it fitted. I had forgotten one of the forum members who I've shared drive outs with,  Steve ( @Ringer250), has it fitted so I have heard it. Thats one crossed off the list!!

On 1/24/2021 at 10:40 PM, JohnSyn said:

Yes, thats right. As explained someone has said to me that the Carnewal exhaust would be an improvement to the PSE and I wanted to check with people who have it fitted. I had forgotten one of the forum members who I've shared drive outs with,  Steve ( @Ringer250), has it fitted so I have heard it. Thats one crossed off the list!!

i had the GT exhaust (modded silencers) fitted in July by CPS.  to be honest, i am a little underwhelmed  So much so I'm going for the Carnewal reduced cat manifolds when the cars come our for Spring.

As I'm already half way in I'm committed to this  now...however...if i had the choice again id go all in for a retro fit PSE every time. Don't get me wrong , the Carnewal is pretty good, but for the money i wanted more.

In my opinion it is nowhere near as good as the PSE...i honestly cant see how anyone would think that..unless is was a cost comparison.

21 hours ago, villaman said:

In my opinion it is nowhere near as good as the PSE...i honestly cant see how anyone would think that..unless is was a cost comparison.

Thats the overwhelming view from you guys who have it, which is really helpful. I already have a modded manifold, the Top Gear one, and the car sounds really good so I'll look elsewhere. I do fancy an akrapovic one but cannot justify, to myself, the cost!

4 hours ago, JohnSyn said:

Thats the overwhelming view from you guys who have it, which is really helpful. I already have a modded manifold, the Top Gear one, and the car sounds really good so I'll look elsewhere. I do fancy an akrapovic one but cannot justify, to myself, the cost!

I think I will more than likely go all in for the PSE retro fit in the Spring...It's a lot of money to spend and of course I wish I'd of held out for one with when I was looking for my 981..oh well...but.....if it puts more smiles on y face then it will hopefully be worth It.....

what do you think of the Top gear on the 981 ..?...I had it on my 987 and 997....

14 hours ago, villaman said:

hat do you think of the Top gear on the 981 .

Really pleased with it, much better noise, the GTS of course has PSE, plus pulls better. I'm waiting for a remap which will of course bring out the best improvements for the new set up. 

Archived