Coolant hose dripping again

Ninesomething

1 hour ago, Boxstercol said:

Does that £850 include the aluminium cross over pipe change, or just the actual hoses?

Currently have the wheel arch liners out on mine, doing a bit of a suspension / wheel arch freshen up & have noticed a slight bit of crystallisation on top of the top hose, where a small amount of coolant has leaked. Don’t know whether to just monitor it or get it sorted on basis that if tackled a now it may be easier to separate the hose from the aluminium cross over pipe... Well, I can try & be optimistic can’t I?!?

Its for the whole assembly.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Bleedsoff said:

Its for the whole assembly.

Thanks. Gives me an indication of what to expect. Who did the work for you if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve actually got the hoses, managed to pick up a set brand new on eBay last year for the price of one at the OPC, only parts price I ‘should’ be looking at is the aluminium cross over pipe, assuming that it needs it.

Considering whether to have a go at changing the hoses myself - access isn’t a problem & just maybe I can swap them out without any damage to the aluminium pipe.... 🤔

2 hours ago, Boxstercol said:

Thanks. Gives me an indication of what to expect. Who did the work for you if you don’t mind me asking?

I’ve actually got the hoses, managed to pick up a set brand new on eBay last year for the price of one at the OPC, only parts price I ‘should’ be looking at is the aluminium cross over pipe, assuming that it needs it.

Considering whether to have a go at changing the hoses myself - access isn’t a problem & just maybe I can swap them out without any damage to the aluminium pipe.... 🤔

Well I did ask Parr asking about if there is a wheel alignment included they said they have a technique that doesn't involve the whole front subframe to come off so think that has saved a bit. I'm no tech guy so unsure how they do it.  

Archived