Lens polishing?

Gramps

Has anyone tried polishing their fog light lens? Mine are unsurprisingly peppered and was thinking that the DA polisher I've just bought might do the trick. Anyone had any luck or can offer advice?

Fog 2.JPG

Hi there 

I had the same issue, I clay bared the lenses first. This removes quite a bit of staining then I used aggressive cutting compound by hand and then the same with a fine. I think I gave them a lick with the fine again using the polisher then sealed them with a wax.

You can use the polisher and different heads for all of it but the one I had at the time was a bit big👍

7 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Hi there 

I had the same issue, I clay bared the lenses first. This removes quite a bit of staining then I used aggressive cutting compound by hand and then the same with a fine. I think I gave them a lick with the fine again using the polisher then sealed them with a wax.

You can use the polisher and different heads for all of it but the one I had at the time was a bit big👍

Cheers. Just got some clay bar to go over the car before I have a go with the DA polisher. Will try it on the lights. May then take the lights out to gain better access to use the polisher. Just got to wait for this weather to pick up so me and the new love of my life can spend some quality time together 😍

• 3 weeks later...

Archived