After a half cover for the 981

petrolhead

yep as Pinewood says.

I use a Cabrio Shield 1/2 cover on my BGTS all the time and it works a treat.

Needs getting used to for putting on/taking off as you need to open both doors a little & boot to trap the cover in, but simple & quick enough when you get the knack.

Good bit of kit to protect the hood and it covers the drains too which for me was crucial.

I think I've mentioned it in another post but I can't recommend this Half Cover enough. It's proved it's fully waterproof over the last few months, and so easy to fit in a minute. I've added a couple of loops so I can tie it in the middle( small rope running under car and picking up loop on other side) after folding in the mirrors. With this done it is very stable in strong wind and does not flap about due to the corners being fixed by elastic straps down to wheel spokes. 

It is a SUMEX Premium Semi Cover,. SMALL size. Was about £20 last time I looked on AMAZON.

Attempt to uploadSUMEX Cover, Small https://imgur.com/gallery/sMbkbWa a photo

3 hours ago, alank said:

I think I've mentioned it in another post but I can't recommend this Half Cover enough. It's proved it's fully waterproof over the last few months, and so easy to fit in a minute. I've added a couple of loops so I can tie it in the middle( small rope running under car and picking up loop on other side) after folding in the mirrors. With this done it is very stable in strong wind and does not flap about due to the corners being fixed by elastic straps down to wheel spokes. 

It is a SUMEX Premium Semi Cover,. SMALL size. Was about £20 last time I looked on AMAZON.

Attempt to uploadSUMEX Cover, Small https://imgur.com/gallery/sMbkbWa a photo

1zc1iPR.jpg

Thanks Stuart21 for opening picture, still not got the hang of this.  👍              Just right size to protect what you need to, tried a custom cover one for £80, and it took me 20mins to fit and then it wasn't very secure

3 minutes ago, alank said:

Thanks Stuart21 for opening picture, still not got the hang of this.  👍              Just right size to protect what you need to, tried a custom cover one for £80, and it took me 20mins to fit and then it wasn't very secure

I saw markygts post and thought £80 for a cover thats fiddly to fit.

Do you not think the one Stuart21 has looks a tad big?

27 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

I saw markygts post and thought £80 for a cover thats fiddly to fit.

Do you not think the one Stuart21 has looks a tad big?

not mine, I just reposted the image for @alank

think this is what @alank has?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SUMEX-Premium-Semi-Cover-Car-Exterior/dp/B002R8DMX0

a friend with a 911 turbo convertible bought one of these cheaper options. he now has micro abrasions and has opted for a cabrio shield premium cover #justsaying #buycheapbuytwice

I've had this one 13 months now, still 100% waterproof, and for 20 quid i dont mind changing it every few years. the good thing about it is the  long  elastic straps clip around the wheel spokes in seconds, and the elastic keeps a tension on the cover, which keeps the cover on the car. I did add a loop in the middle and when bad weather is due, i tie the loops together with some cord under the car, see picture. Nothing to loose for £20.

Archived