Which ignition coils ?

Bradders59

On 4/6/2021 at 8:13 PM, Bradders59 said:

Anyone ever tried HAAS coils ?  Eurocraprats have them for £22 each with discount code.

Nice price, but a waste of money if they are useless.

I've only use HAAS coil pack and leads when I needed a cheap fix on step son's Mk1 Focus.  Did the job but anything was going to be better than a broken plug lead and a dead terminal on a coil pack.  Miracle it was even running on 2 cylinders.

8 minutes ago, Bradders59 said:

Thanks, sounds like they are best avoided on a Boxster then. Ideally someone with technical knowledge of the difference between 177 & 178 will be along any minute...........🙄

well the 177s i bought have just gone onto my 03 plate S... if thats of any use to you? lol

To my eye, they dont look quite the same ? Question is, if they arent quite the same, does the difference matter ? I wish I knew.

Is it safe to assume they will be the same internally ?  I wish I knew.

Ignition Coil (beruparts.eu)

Beru Ignition Coil (beruparts.co.uk)

1 hour ago, Bradders59 said:

To my eye, they dont look quite the same ? Question is, if they arent quite the same, does the difference matter ? I wish I knew.

Is it safe to assume they will be the same internally ?  I wish I knew.

Ignition Coil (beruparts.eu)

Beru Ignition Coil (beruparts.co.uk)

so the only difference i can see there is the washer type things to seal it in shut when its inserted. 

the 177 i got from carparts4less seems to have them both at the top and at the bottom. 

3PPkAFe.jpg

In the product image they show on their website it only has it at the top too. 

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/ignition-coil

413330080.jpg

I cant see you going wrong with the 177... just buy it. lol

There is no physical difference between the Beru 177 and the 178, they look identical, I checked our latest stock.

Sorry, the only difference is difference the 177's have "177" printed on them and the 178's have "178" printed on them :D

The rubber seals are the same

5 hours ago, T911UK said:

There is no physical difference between the Beru 177 and the 178, they look identical, I checked our latest stock.

Sorry, the only difference is difference the 177's have "177" printed on them and the 178's have "178" printed on them :D

The rubber seals are the same

So they aren’t identical. Are your pants on fire? 😉😂

On a serious note, what about the attachment bolts, are they the same?

On 4/9/2021 at 1:33 PM, Dazzevans said:

So they aren’t identical. Are your pants on fire? 😉😂

On a serious note, what about the attachment bolts, are they the same?

Yes, bolts the same for both.................................boxes are the same too................................labels on said boxes are different:whistle1:

Archived