Sports plus retrofit with aftermarket head unit

Hexamu

Just looking for some advice.  I am keen to retrofit the sports / sports plus to my 2010 boxster s with pdk as I find the pdk a little too willing to change up gears.  

I have been quoted in the high 900s with the buttons fitted but the OPC could not be sure on whether having an after market head unit would cause an issue - it’s the first one they are doing.  

Has anyone had experience of this?  The other option is cobb access port plus pdk tuning but I think I would prefer the ease of just hitting a button. 

thanks for any help

Thanks Gutley,

Was you sports fitted post head unit?  I have the original head unit but would prefer not to pay to get it temporarily refitted to install.  The Porsche dealer is basically saying you pay whether or not it works - so just want to be sure. 

my car came with sport/sport+ buttons and they haven't changed function or characteristics after the head unit upgrade 2 years ago. 

Sports retrofit is basically 

A new button bar with the extra switches - cost about 90 quid. 

a license key from Porsche that gives you 3 “keys”

1) a code to enable the sports and sports plus functions. 

2) a code to enable “individual memory features” in the pcm ( wakes up a few features like setting the delay on the interior lights and remembering what temp you set the aircon to)

3) a code to enable the “supplemental display” - seems to vary as to what that is but irrespective the Porsche tech doc for the upgrade says “don’t use this code fir a retrofit because it doesn’t do anything”.  I am thinking that it’s related to the clock you don’t get as a retro and maybe the little lcd display on 981 and above.  Whatever.  You get it. You can’t use it. 

4) about an hours works to fit the switch panel and input the codes to the diags   

the memory function on the pcm is there apparently to allow you to save your lap times to a usb stick or something like  that. No pcm.  no issue. You could still buy the retrofit if you didn’t have pcm.  Unrelated features that are sold in the same bundle.  You can buy that feature separately if you want it so it’s not “tied” to sports plus. 

i have the Porsche tech doc on “how to install the retro fit” for a 987.2 PM me with an email address if you want a copy.  

Archived