Front Parking Lights - CANBUS error

Beancounter

Help!  I switched my fog lights to led (ahead of doing the DRL hack), at the same time changing over the parking bulbs with women LED that came in the box.  It then threw an error code for the parking light so took the bulbs out and replaced with the originals.

Problem now is that the parking lights aren’t working either side;  any idea? Is there a fuse somewhere?

Parking light ?

Which light (s) are you referring to.  As far as I know booster parking lights are the side lights that come one side if you switch off and remove the key with the indicator still “selected” bu happy to learn if I have that wrong. 

LED replacement bulbs that claim canbus will be ok, tend to have an added resistor so as far as the car sees, it draws the same drain, LEDs drawing far less than a normal incandescent bulb.
Having said that, putting what should have been something with a far lower drain, should not have blown a fuse, unless it was a high drain LED?
Also depends on what the error was.
There will be a fuse, though I thought lighting circuits used to be based on separate triangular - as in one side/headlight would pair with opposite side rear light, a second fuse for the other side, used to be a safety thing.

15 hours ago, Beancounter said:

women LED

Ahh that's it, maybe, perhaps 🙂  

A free not women!  I think I have found the problem. I must have damaged both original filament bulbs when I took them out, so when I put them back in, it was still showing as An error. I then tried one of the led bulbs back in and that didn’t work ... I didn’t realise however they only work when you insert them one way.

So lights now working ... canbus error still, but know it is because the led bulbs have no resistor!  New ones on order....

1 hour ago, Beancounter said:

A free not women!  I think I have found the problem. I must have damaged both original filament bulbs when I took them out, so when I put them back in, it was still showing as An error. I then tried one of the led bulbs back in and that didn’t work ... I didn’t realise however they only work when you insert them one way.

So lights now working ... canbus error still, but know it is because the led bulbs have no resistor!  New ones on order....

glad you got to the bottom of the issue

Archived