Exhaust tuning.

Cocky

I have PSE factory fitted to my new car and as much as I love the ability to switch between the modes I don't think it makes a huge amount of difference. 

I'm looking into the kits that you can map in "pops n bangs" but I can't see anywhere on any of the sites I've found (Softronic, Fabspeed, Cobb) where you can tune these files to work with say sport mode or Sport plus as I don't want it to happen all of the time. 

I've emailed all of the above mentioned to see what they get back to me with but has anybody on here used a UK tuners to have this feature installed on their car? 

I appreciate 200CEL cats would make the exhaust louder and a bit fruiter however that would just leave me with both on/off louder and I actually just want a bit more crackle rather than volume. 

Give Turbo Thomas a call - find him via: http://www.ttexhausts.com explain what you're after and he may be able to help.

On both cars I get crackle/burble on over-run once the systems are hot - neither car has been tuned for exhaust histrionics (aside from the Boxster being too loud - which wasn't what was ordered) so I suspect it's a function of tailpipe diameter or shape.

3 hours ago, JonSta said:

AFAIK the pops and crackles are a function of the Ecu which chucks some fuel into the inlet on the overrun. As you have the factory set up I'm surprised you don't get that. Think I remember someone on here getting the Ecu flashed at the stealer to make that happen. 

Yes this is what I am looking to do. It's standard in the 981 range if you have factory PSE however it's not common in the 987.2 for the fuel to be dropped in like the 981. 

7 minutes ago, Cocky said:

Yes this is what I am looking to do. It's standard in the 981 range if you have factory PSE however it's not common in the 987.2 for the fuel to be dropped in like the 981. 

I've just emailed my new indi to see if it's something they might be able to help with. 

I've got the guys at BR motorsport plugging it in at the weekend to see if they can write a map for the car. He might have to set me up with either 200CEL cats or he will drop out the mufflers and remove the second row of cats from the manifolds in situ and refit the exhaust & do the tune. I'll be there while he does whatever he decides to do anyway so let's see. 

On the 987.1 you have a cat in the manifold & one in the mufflers. 

On the 987.2 it seems there's two in the manifold and none in the silencers.