PCM Freak out

alank

Driving to work to day listening to my i pod through the PCM, suddenly music stopped, screen went all lines, then Front / Rear reversing screen came up, then Porsche logo screen, then some other , then it all returned to the original screen showing my i pod tracks.  Does the PCM sometimes get confused/ or re-boot itself,  or was it didnt like the music i had on??. ( By the way i did not have my PSE on , otherwise their would have been no music on, ha,ha), cheers  alan

On 5/20/2021 at 4:31 PM, 718as said:

maybe it didn't like the track. 😀

Once had a company car broken into, stole everything including a CD case (this was pre-MP3) but emptied the CDs out of it.  I remember the SOCO guy saying "shyate taste in music then".

50 minutes ago, moospeed said:

Once had a company car broken into, stole everything including a CD case (this was pre-MP3) but emptied the CDs out of it.  I remember the SOCO guy saying "shyate taste in music then".

Was that a critique of your music taste, or the miscreants?

The dreaded PCM reboot has visited me , driving along the other day and music stopped and Porsche boot up logo loaded up. Restarted and searched for phone and continued away . This has been prexeedes by taking ages to find my phone on BT (Apple) or not connecting at all 

presume OPC will need to see issue happening to look into it/replace , it’s under warranty 😃

"The dreaded PCM reboot has visited me , driving along the other day and music stopped and Porsche boot up logo loaded up. Restarted and searched for phone and continued away . This has been prexeedes by taking ages to find my phone on BT (Apple) or not connecting at all 

presume OPC will need to see issue happening to look into it/replace , it’s under warranty 😃"

They will try to reflash your PCM to the latest firmware revision 1st thing, If the PCM throws a double 6 during the reflash it's  toast and you will get a shiny  new one (That's what happened  to mine a few weeks back) - That's  official procedure at OPC's so I was told, they will not attempt any physical repairs.

Stu.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just so I understand ;  PCM is the whole "gubbins" that does the radio, sat nav, etc ?   OPC updated mine to the latest version a few weeks ago, they had to get a CD from Germany and it took several (5-6?) hours apparently.   I can't see how it can take that long as even the slowest of computers could read a whole CD slowly in less time... perhaps it's based on Windows 10 :lol:

I have to say, it looks exactly the same pre and post update.

Archived