Android Auto & Carplay PCM DIY and Demo

daz05

Got the Joyeauto box into mine last week, and whilst I've not used the car extensively since (still stuck at home all day), the times I have used it the CarPlay worked a treat - maps, music, texting etc. I would like to find the option to put the menu down the right hand of the screen, not the left, but that's a minor problem. Need to have a sit in there and play, but its actually been cold up here!

41 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Ok so your going to have to excuse my ignorance of all things IT but I’m going to ask this question and just hope your gentle. If your car has the standard Porsche CDR 31 CD Radio WW can you actually add anything to get a Satnav etc. 
Be nice now 😂😂👍

Yes you can, both NMA and Joyeauto sell a kit for for the CDR31. Works in the same way but your screen is a lower resolution.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob™ said:

Got the Joyeauto box into mine last week, and whilst I've not used the car extensively since (still stuck at home all day), the times I have used it the CarPlay worked a treat - maps, music, texting etc. I would like to find the option to put the menu down the right hand of the screen, not the left, but that's a minor problem. Need to have a sit in there and play, but its actually been cold up here!

Rob, there is a menu somewhere where it allows you to change that setting to suit a rhd car. I'll update if I find out how 👍

Edited by daz05
  • Thanks 1

Another great video Daz, not something I would tackle but well done. Would love to come to Cars and Coffee maybe next time.

Do you still have a to do list?. Must be getting close to all jobs done?I know you are a busy guy but look forward to next one. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Afrikaner said:

Another great video Daz, not something I would tackle but well done. Would love to come to Cars and Coffee maybe next time.

Do you still have a to do list?. Must be getting close to all jobs done?I know you are a busy guy but look forward to next one. 

Thanks 👍

My to do list is more about driving now I guess a lot of the enhancements have been to maintain my connection to the car since the opportunity to go for long drives and group outings has been limited.

However, I really like the effect of the x73 bar at the rear so tempted to toughen up the front at some point. I would love to unlock the 991 power from the 3.4 as some others have done, but once you go down that route there is no coming back so the jury is out.

Edited by daz05