Pippens Winddeflectors

Ringmaster999

Order a wind deflector from pippenswinddefectors.com for my 981 Boxster. Not glass but you’d be hard pushed to tell that from looking. Fit is perfect and the free etched logo (of your choice) is perfect. No connection with the company but thought I’d share. Ordered Wednesday and delivered all securely packed on the Friday 👍

Wish I could attach photos but alas beyond me 😂

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, BarrySt said:

Any advantage over existing deflector for reduced wind turbulence?

I didn’t find the Porsche wind deflector a problem where wind turbulence is concerned. In fact I didn’t suffer any whilst top down driving. As for the pippen deflector. Due to the horrendous weather at present no roof down driving opportunities have presented themselves 😂😂 Can’t see there being any difference as it is exactly the same dimensions 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BarrySt said:

Any advantage over existing deflector for reduced wind turbulence?

IIRC the 981 deflector is mesh, unlike 986/7 before. So it's not turbulence but visibility through it.  A few here got custom deflectors from perspex and were happy with them. This one seems a reasonable price.

21 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

I didn’t find the Porsche wind deflector a problem where wind turbulence is concerned. In fact I didn’t suffer any whilst top down driving. As for the pippen deflector. Due to the horrendous weather at present no roof down driving opportunities have presented themselves 😂😂 Can’t see there being any difference as it is exactly the same dimensions 

Thanks. Actually I do find quite a lot of turbulence top down. Perhaps I'm sitting higher in seats? As Menoporsche says it's solid compared to Mesh which made me wonder if it would have a different aerodynamic effect on air flow. But understand that visibility should be improved and it looks good. If we ever get decent weather back then please let us know if you find any difference on windiness!

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BarrySt said:

Thanks. Actually I do find quite a lot of turbulence top down. Perhaps I'm sitting higher in seats? As Menoporsche says it's solid compared to Mesh which made me wonder if it would have a different aerodynamic effect on air flow. But understand that visibility should be improved and it looks good. If we ever get decent weather back then please let us know if you find any difference on windiness!

Will do 👍

@BarrySt Out today roof down and the performance of the Pippens Wind deflector is spot on. Fit is perfect so no rattling. As for turbulence nothing that I would moan about. I can drive at a very progressive SAFE speed with my cap on and there is no threat of loosing it. So that’s how I’d gage excessive wind turbulence. Visually it is a vast improvement IMHO especially seeing the PORSCHE etching in the rear view mirror 👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

@BarrySt Out today roof down and the performance of the Pippens Wind deflector is spot on. Fit is perfect so no rattling. As for turbulence nothing that I would moan about. I can drive at a very progressive SAFE speed with my cap on and there is no threat of loosing it. So that’s how I’d gage excessive wind turbulence. Visually it is a vast improvement IMHO especially seeing the PORSCHE etching in the rear view mirror 👍

Thanks. Cap integrity is my measure too!

I'll take a look at getting this I think, thanks again for following up.

Barry

• 2 weeks later...