Will these wheels fit my 986S

MikeT999

Evening all,

Hopefully this is a quick question, but I'm about to buy a set of spare wheels to stand my car on while I get my wheels refurbished.  They're 17inch, as pictured below - will they fit, given that the callipers on the 'S' are bigger than the none 'S' ?

I think the 986 S was fitted with 17's as standard, but can't be sure tbh.

zAgtQb4.jpg

hQeWG5S.jpg

Many thanks for any advice

Cheers,

Mike.

27 minutes ago, TROOPER88 said:

If they are standard 986 wheels then they will fit

Thanks mate - I'm told they were from a 996, but not sure if it was an S, or whether that even matters tbh

17 minutes ago, fizz said:

My S comes with 17" from factory. You will be fine mate. 

Good news, thanks mate

I think on balance they should be ok - if not I'll try and sell them on.  The tyres are not up to much, but ok for what I want them ok

Cheers,

Mike.

2 hours ago, MikeT999 said:

Thanks mate - I'm told they were from a 996, but not sure if it was an S, or whether that even matters tbh

That pretty much verifies they will fit. Standard Carrera's had Boxster S brakes, but with a slightly larger disk on the rear I think.

They look like the stock twist wheels, I bought a pair for winter tyres when I used it as a daily. They look in good condition, maybe worth putting an ad on here once you are done with them. 

9 hours ago, MikeT999 said:

Evening all,

Hopefully this is a quick question, but I'm about to buy a set of spare wheels to stand my car on while I get my wheels refurbished.  They're 17inch, as pictured below - will they fit, given that the callipers on the 'S' are bigger than the none 'S' ?

I think the 986 S was fitted with 17's as standard, but can't be sure tbh.

zAgtQb4.jpg

hQeWG5S.jpg

Many thanks for any advice

Cheers,

Mike.

Rather than buy, I have a set of 17" S rims you can borrow.  I am planning to put winters on them after refurbing them but haven't got round to it yet since I put the 18" rims on last year.

PM me if interested.

• Like 1