Anyone know this car?

Freddie

Lol!

Used to love hearing 3 litre Capris go by, and 2.8s. Never had one but my brother-in-law had a Capri Laser in 1986 and I used to think that was the bees knees!

Hope my 928 gets snapped up, it's on AutoTrader now - wish me luck, don't think there's quite the same market as 986s though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freddie said:

Lol!

Used to love hearing 3 litre Capris go by, and 2.8s. Never had one but my brother-in-law had a Capri Laser in 1986 and I used to think that was the bees knees!

Hope my 928 gets snapped up, it's on AutoTrader now - wish me luck, don't think there's quite the same market as 986s though.

🙏🏼

If the 928 is a project I would stick it on car and classic free ad and save your AT money. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

928 looks nice, wish I had the balls to own one, but hear more horror stories about the electrics that IMS failure

Thanks! They are great, I do love it but it's not good to keep them outdoors if only for the sake of the electrics. Mine is actually pretty good, a lot of earths I've cleaned up, which helps a lot. It's when you get people fitting after market stereos, alarms etc and start hacking into the wiring that messes things up - I can see some black tape on a few wires round the fuse box - I should pull it out and clean all the contacts up but I am scared to disturb things that are then unfathomable - I'm OK with very basic electrics and making tidy repairs but this is beyond what I can work out over a couple of hours every other weekend - brain is too old! If there was a decent auto sparky nearby it would help but we here on Dartmoor there's not much of anything except sheep and rain!

3 minutes ago, edc said:

If the 928 is a project I would stick it on car and classic free ad and save your AT money. 

Thanks mate, good idea, should have but I've already paid AT 🤦‍♂️

Already had a call just now, went something like ... "Awwight, what's ya lowest price meeyyyte?"

I could tell he wanted a posing wagon, so I talked him out of it!