Short shifter fitted or not?

Gramps

Hi All. So, how can I tell if I already have a short shifter fitted? The gear change seems ok at the mo but if it can be improved with a short shifter then why not??
Only way I can think of, other than taking it apart and looking, is by the fore-aft travel. Measured from the centre line on the gear knob my current travel is about 10.5cm between fore and aft. How does that compare to those that have one fitted? Or does anyone know an easy way of checking? Its a 987.2 Boxster S by the way. Cheers...Rob

Look for XCZ on your build list. XCZ = Short shifter according to the 987.2 V pages in the parts catalogue.  Standard shift assembly part number 997 424 010 00, short shift 997 424 983 00.

17 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Look for XCZ on your build list. XCZ = Short shifter according to the 987.2 V pages in the parts catalogue.  Standard shift assembly part number 997 424 010 00, short shift 997 424 983 00.

👍 Thanks for the info, I was wondering what the code might be for the short shifter. Must try and find if I got a build list with the paperwork when I bought it

Hi all. I unclipped the leather boot and it seems I have the standard shifter. Does anyone out there have a short shifter fitted? If so how much difference does it make to the travel fore-aft? As I mentioned before my travel is about 10.5cm measuring at the centre line of the gear layout on top of the knob. It would be interesting to know how much difference it makes. TIA..Rob

I know there are one or two here with SS on a 987.1, but it’s rare as it didn’t really need it like the 986 did. Not sure if the same mech works on the 987.2 gearbox linkage?